Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Joe's Garden

My favorite place for flowers
I made my way to Joe's Garden this afternoon to pick up some pretty flowers as well as some garden starts. This is one of the best places in the area for just about anything to do with gardens.
An abundance of flowers and veggie starts
I learned that it is still too early for cucumber starts, as well as zucchini. That means I'll be going back again in a few weeks for them. By that time, all these starts will be gone, if it follows anything like previous seasons. Here's what I bought today:
Flowers and veggies
There are snapdragons, tomato plants, arugula, collards, sugar snap peas, and maybe a bit more that I cannot remember having decided on in the heat of the hunt! I'll be back soon for more wonderful plants. Meanwhile, I'll get these into the ground as soon as possible. I love this time of the year.
:-)

12 comments:

  1. What a fabulous selection they have, I wouldn't know where to start, or stop 😂
    Hope you can keep the cold nights at Bay.
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a good spot for gardeners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not that I'm whining or anything , but my seeds won't go in until about May 20. Bedding plants go in about June 7.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're getting ready to plant. It's still a little early here in PA (altho' the daffodils and forsythia are out!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have almost total sales resistance EXCEPT where nurseries or book stores are concerned. You were very restrained.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun in the garden! One of the great joys is to be able to grew some food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eager to see how this year's garden flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see some good meals there. I fought off the urge last week to get some veggie starts and am glad. We had two freezes since. Hard to gauge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! I would pinch the growing points out of those snapdgragons...they look like red or purple ones to me by the foliage! They will be beautiful! Go back for some yellow Violas...they smell awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! I'll be picking out flowers in May. :) That looks like a really wonderful nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spring is here. What a lovely garden store. Good luck with your plants.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like my king of place though here in Minnesnowda we're about 5 weeks shy of the frost free date...:)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.