Saturday, April 6, 2019

Blooms and blossoms abound

Taken by Scotty Border 2 years ago
I was looking for some pictures of the wonderful cherry blossoms that are coming out everywhere, and I found this one I couldn't resist stealing from a website called "Cherry Blossom Festival" on Facebook -- although this one was taken in Washington, DC two years ago. At least I was able to credit the photographer. It's a stunning picture, and I had to share it.
Curly pansies on my front porch
I bought this basket of pansies when I went to Joe's Garden last week. I couldn't resist the looks of them. All the other pansies I have bought are the usual variety, not curly like these. Taken with my cellphone camera.
More flowers
This arrangement was from another local store, and I intended to take them out from their crowded environment and replant them, but I got otherwise distracted and now I think I'll just leave them as is. It's time for me to get started on plants that I can actually eat! (Someone told me you can eat pansies, though.)
:-)

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful blooms. You can indeed eat pansies, though I prefer to just admire them.
    Happy gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can eat them and they look so pretty on a plate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you can eat them. I've seen people use them to decorate cakes with. Beautiful pictures! I love spring time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the Cherry Blossom trees in bloom, they really do announce that Spring is officially here !
    What gorgeous Pansies, I've never seen the curled leaf variety, and stunningly beautiful on your porch.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some very vivid colors for your place. So with the cherry blossoms I think of one thing...all those delicious cherries. Yes, I like cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty flowers. Yes you can eat Pansies...BUT wait for different blooms who knows what kind of sprays they used in the greenhouse:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful flowers. Enjoy gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't eat the pansies...longer lasting in bloom than consuming them.

    I've been to D C. during the cherry blossoms along the mall a few times. Pictures are pretty, but in person, they're dazzling.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.