Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Nice weather ahead

Carter at the picnic table
The garden looks a lot different this year, mostly because of the efforts of Carter, our "overseer" for our community garden. He stepped up, and his father, a carpenter, made this picnic table for us, and bought that great umbrella, just to be nice, I guess. Anyway, it's really going to get a lot of use out here, I'm sure.

Our sunny weather will be continuing for a while, and although it's been chilly, the sunshine will make our plants grow fast now. The strawberry plants are flowering, the lilac bushes around us are beginning to bloom, and the weather now is telling me it's time to put even more of my efforts into the garden.

Of course, it's also the last day of April. Tomorrow is the first day of May. Already! I'm grateful to have such a full, wonderful life right now. Summer, here we come!
:-)

12 comments:

  1. A tranquil spot.

    Hopefully we continue with our current status quo- dry weather- for a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delightful. Carter and his father will be very welcome I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite six months of the year are ahead now. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a good addition so that you can stay out and enjoy your garden. I need some of your warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carter is a wonderful addition to your gardening community.
    I think this time of year, here where we live, even non gardeners get the itch to plant and grow something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes....hot weather ahead, today it reached 86 degrees, and not yet May !
    What a sweet little respite from gardening chores, I can see it getting used often.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh! Summer is my least favorite season here in the South...for obvious reasons.

    I LOVE the new picnic table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree, summer here we come! Altho' here in the Northeast it's been delayed by cool rainy weather this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carter is a keeper with a dandy father. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet of Carter's father to provide the picnic table and umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That umbrella is a really nice touch. Here's to many happy hours ahead.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.