Tuesday, April 9, 2019

First plants are in the ground

Sugar snap peas and a trellis to climb on
Carter made this nice little metal trellis for my sugar snap peas to climb up on. See those little green things in the dirt right in in front of the lower stick? That's my starts that I finally got into the ground. I know it's early for some things, like tomatoes and peppers, but these should do well this early. You'll be seeing them as they grow.
Kale, cauliflower, and collards
These guys are also looking good. In fact, the slugs seems to have already decided I planted them for their salad fixings. So, I had to resort to sprinkling some Sluggo around to discourage them from chomping the little plants down to nothing. I'm willing to share once they get established.
Pretty blossoms just coming out
On the way to the bus in the early morning yesterday, I saw that these blooms are just now starting to come out. By the time I get there tomorrow, they will be everywhere! What a wonderful time of the year in the Pacific Northwest.
:-)

11 comments:

  1. Tom planted sweet pea seeds in the ground today. We'll see how they do. Cold rain has returned, so he puts a sheet of translucent plastic over them until they sprout. Weeds are coming up everywhere though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is SUCH an exciting time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sugar snaps! Hope you have a great crop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They'd be so good, fresh, in my chicken teriyaki!

    The blossoms are mighty pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that you have such a good friend who made that trellis for you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are two months ahead of us for planting time, Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our daughter reports streets full of blooms in abbotsford.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice gesture from Carter! I love Spring and all it's burgeoning beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're about a month ahead of me when it comes to planting!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.