Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Still cold temperature outside

Pretty blossoms in a blue sky

Everywhere I am seeing blossoms appearing on trees, bushes, and in gardens as I walk around in the sunshine. At least, that is, when we have sun. We've been having on and off showers for a week, although there are plenty of times when we see the sun and even a few times when the clouds clear away entirely. But because the atmosphere is so unsettled, that pretty blue sky can change to showers and overcast conditions in nothing flat.

I just read that we here in the Pacific Northwest have had one of the coldest months of March in a long time, and that might be one reason why our tulips are behind schedule in the Skagit Valley. As soon as there are some to enjoy, I will be heading down the road to see them. I just checked on the Bloom Map and found that they still have no idea when that might happen. Plenty of bright and beautiful daffodils, though.

In the meantime, I'll just have to wander around my own neighborhood streets for lovely sights like the one above. Life is not too hard; I'll manage. (smile) The next atmospheric river is scheduled for (you guessed it) Thursday. Good thing I know how to have fun in the rain.

:-)

12 comments:

  1. It was certainly a cold March here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still cold here. Only 57 degrees this afternoon with a forecast for similar temperature on Wednesday. The cool temperatures have probably helped keep the tulips looking so good here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope April is warmer. Here we are a long way from blossoms but pussy willows are are out! Stay dry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're in the middle of a blizzard. Enjoy those blossoms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. DJan, you always manage to post something positive and a pretty photo to boot. It's 74F in Pittsburgh right now, no winter for us this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With the mixture of clod and warm air we get some variable weather in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monday morning it was 32 degrees and there was 5 inches of new snow on the ground after a sunny weekend. It's gone now and we still have blossoms but it is definitely cooler than last week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are pretty blooms!! No blue sky here for a few days...still snowing:(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am enjoying all of the flowering trees now in the neighborhoods. I am getting tired of the cold, but it could be worse, much worse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here in my part of the country, dogwood trees are almost in full bloom. Our daffodils are long gone! I’ve heard about the tulips where you are. Enjoy them when they appear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The good thing is that it will only get warmer because it is the end of winter rather than the beginning of it. Your spring and summers and falls are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.