Monday, February 14, 2022

Grace once agaIn

She's so pretty even in rust

Someone on Seeing Bellingham (a Facebook group) captured this lovely image of our very own Grace, and I've posted many a photo of her before. I especially like this closeup, unsure of how the photographer got so close, but nevertheless felt I could share it with you. She is performing the Standing Bow pose, which I remember from those years long ago when I did Bikram Yoga. I got tired of the intense heat, and then I learned that Bikram himself is somewhat of a charlatan, even if he did start a movement that has helped many people get stronger and healthier. All his studios have been renamed, at least around here. I never did get really proficient at this pose, and we don't do anything remotely like it in Iyengar Yoga, which is what I practice now. But I do remember it well.

Did you watch the Super Bowl? I sort of did, since I really wanted the Bengals to win, and so Hubby watched it with sound (using headphones) and I sort of halfway watched it over his shoulder. Once the Bengals were ahead and it was getting close to the end, I stopped watching because I was WAY too involved in the outcome. But I have to say, if you must lose a game like that, they did it in just the right way: on the very last play of the game. It truly was a contest, and anybody's game right to the last. (I caught up with the action today online.)

Today's Wordle almost didn't get solved. I was poring over what it might be when some of the other people in the coffee shop got involved, and we solved it through discussion. I knew the first and third letters, as well as the fourth, but nothing I tried seemed to fit, and then a couple of people saw me struggling. As I shared my dilemma, one person took out a paper and pencil and rummaged around with the letters and said to try one word that fit, but I didn't want to because it meant a consonant would appear twice. (That works but doesn't occur very often.) With nothing else to try, I put it in, and lo and behold, it was the correct answer! It amazes me how much solving that puzzle improves my day. And I am so glad there is only one word a day to keep me from endlessly playing the game. 

I am reading three different books on my Kindle, which means I read whatever I think might make me feel better, rather than getting involved in a thriller that keeps me reading until I finish the book. Since getting exercise every day is becoming more realistic, as the weather improves along with my back, I think I'll head out to get some miles in. I didn't walk home from after the coffee shop trip, as it was raining very hard and John was willing to take me straight home. But now it's stopped raining and looks good for the next bit of time, so I'll take advantage of it. Hope you have a fun Valentine's Day!

:-)

20 comments:

  1. I have only recently started doing wordle. Like you I am glad it is only one word a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to do wordle. Now I play Scrabble and just one game a day with my breakfast.

    It's nice to read you are a bit more upbeat and feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to try Wordle... haven't yet. And no, I didn't watch the Superbowl. DH did and apparently it was a good game. I walked through a few times to get the score, but that's all. And I heard that the half-time show was awful...??

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had the Super Bowl snacks but saw who won this morning. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You beat me on yesterday's Wordle. Yes, I should have had a clue on that one, what with the name. :-) I think I beat you today ... got it on the third try. Just so you'll know I got it, it starts and ends with C. :-) You are correct that a consonant rarely appears twice. You probably know that the New York Times purchased Wordle for a 7 figure price. Can you imagine coming up with a puzzle that makes you a millionaire in just a few months? :-) I just hope it doesn't mean the Times will start charging a fee. One more thing: I think this post is the first time I've ever heard you refer to SG as hubby. I like it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today's Wordle was a tough one - whenever they re-use a letter it seems harder. I got it on the 5th try. I do enjoy it but am also glad it's only once a day! The Husband watched the game; I was oblivious and was fine with that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good Valentine's Day here, but it's certainly not warming up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't done Wordle yet today and now I have too many spoiler clues. Oh well, I can read blogs and a book instead when I get it done.
    From my post today you know that I sort of watched the Super Bowl. I pay attention to be aware, sort of a cultural literacy thing, more than for the love of football, when it isn't my team.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did watch most of the game--caught the finish the next day. Wanted the Bengals to win also but it was close and good.
    Haven't tried Wordle yet but may soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the wordle today was a bit different and I didn't think I was going to get it, but on the fifth try it came together. I am reading a book that is very dark. I find it hard to read. I'm reading five Little Indians by Michelle good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your walk. I haven't tried Wordle yet. Grace is lovely - and in a pose that is completely beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nope. Haven’t watched football for a long time now.Odd since it was once a fave.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a beautiful statue! It might be yoga, but it looks like ballet or figure skating! David rooted for the Bengals and was disappointed they lost.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do stretches every day, but not yoga. We watched Netflix, instead of the Superbowl. We're halfway through: The Walking Dead!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read this yesterday, but got caught up in my own nonsense and neglected to leave a comment! I just wanted to say, as a Sci-Fi nerd I am enamored with that metal sculpture at the top. She looks like a robot from some ancient alien civilization! Also, I didn't watch the Superbowl either; but here in Pittsburgh, the people take their Steelers so seriously that if they're not playing in the Bowl, we're supposed to pout about it and do something else. I did no pouting, but I did watch HBO Max instead. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! You're doing WORDLE too? I already struggle with JUMBLE, but then my daughter started me on WORDLE. She, my granddaughter and I share our results. Today's was the absolute worst! Art finally took over and got it after an hour or so.

    That's a beautiful statue. It reminds me of my granddaughter and her dance pose.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just got hooked on Wordle. Those double consonants sure show up. Very fun game.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wordle: Played 26 times, today was my first loss. Did you get it?
    Wordle 245 X/6

    ⬛⬛🟩🟨⬛
    ⬛⬛🟩⬛🟨
    🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.