Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Ready as I can get

Carry-on, travel pillow, backpack purse

I took a picture of my stuff that I will take with me on my trip today. This one will not be over until tomorrow morning, when I arrive in Tampa, hopefully with my sister being able to find me standing in the correct pickup area after a long plane flight, made longer because of adding three extra hours. I'll go from PST to EST. I am scheduled to arrive at 6:00am Florida time, but 3:00am to my body clock.

Hubby and I both laughed when we noticed, in the above picture, the rug being taped down in the corner, but we are old and do this to eliminate or at least lessen falls. I tripped on that corner once, and it was enough to take that precaution. It doesn't look wonderful, but who cares?

Here in Bellingham, we went two weeks without a drop of rain, until now, and we will get probably an inch or even more before it goes away again. It's pouring out there right now. But what a difference it has made in our ambient temperature! We are more than twenty degrees warmer than the frigid temperatures we endured for a week or more.

And Florida, here I come! I am looking forward very much to seeing my family, especially Norma Jean, who until the pandemic I visited every winter since her husband died in 2011. It's been a long time, punctuated with FaceTime visits, but in a few short hours (hopefully) we'll be able to hug in person! And then there's my brother Buz and sister Fia, whom I haven't seen since our dear sister PJ died in 2014.

Lots of family, lots to catch up with, and lots of delicious food to consume. I'll be back on my own feed once I return home. Until then, I will enjoy! I wish you and yours a happy Thanksgiving, if you celebrate it. I am truly grateful for all my numerous blessings, of which you, dear reader, are one.

:-)

16 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful, wonderful trip and reunion dear friend. And you are most definitely a blessing in my world..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy! Enjoy! Have a safe trip! :)
    I think the piece of tape is a great idea, BTW. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe journey and a wonderful reunion with your family, Jan. Enjoy! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just finished setting the table and arranging flowers, which we bought at Safeway this morning. Now, sitting down for a bit to rest, I have found your post. I am excited for you! I know traveling isn't much fun for us old folks, but hopefully the reward will be great.
    We are up to .9 of an inch of rain already according to Tom's roof top weather station, and it is raining hard, but the leaves outside my window are still glowing red and gold.
    I so hope you have a wonderful trip and a great family reunion. Happy Thanksgiving, and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is certainly nothing wrong with being cautious about taking a fall! Hope you have a wonderful time, DJan! I'm genuinely happy for you and looking forward to some of your great photos! 🙂👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, didn't think about the different time zones. Hope you adjust with little problem.
    Enjoy your siblings, enjoy Thanksgiving and enjoy the Birthday celebrations. Have a safe and wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a very safe and enjoyable trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the tape was the handle of a hiking cane that you had ready in your pile of stuff for the trip! Be careful in your travel adventures! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  9. By now you should be on your red eye flight. Enjoy the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving from us in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels from John’s Island! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm reading this Wednesday noon... just back from staying for a few days with my friend who had surgery. So I'm guessing you are either on your way or are already there. Either way, Safe trip and have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family, DJan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy! (We have double-sided tape all the way around our living room area rug. Good idea!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you taping down the carpet. Falls are so easy these days and can be so detrimental. Art's 95 year old aunt fell recently and had a brain bleed. She was actually living alone, but was super active and very healthy. Now she'll have to enter an assisted living facility. It just took that one fall.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.