Monday, April 26, 2021

Three drizzly days

Spring flowers

I took this picture awhile ago, while walking back from the bus. Most mornings I head down to the coffee shop and walk back home via a short trail, and I saw these most lovely flowers and greenery, bringing a big smile to my face. It was raining lightly, which has been going on for the past three days. After lots of sunshine, more than usual, we have recently returned to normal Pacific Northwest weather. Light rain (which the flowers just love) and more moderate temperatures (today's high will be 12°C (54°F). I am not unhappy with it; perhaps I've become assimilated and now spurn the warmth. At least until July and August, when we lose our rain and it can actually get hot for a few days.

A few rays of sunshine teased me just now

I looked outside and saw that there's a bit of sunshine and the rain seems to have slowed or stopped for awhile, although the forecast said to expect more showers this afternoon. This is my beginning front porch garden for 2021. The pink azaleas in the foreground were a spontaneous impulse buy while at Costco the other day. They looked so pretty in a hanging basket, but I don't think they will last. The other flowers, the petunias, geraniums, and alyssum, should all thrive.

I mentioned on my other blog that I will be having a tooth extracted within a couple of weeks, and I received lots of comments about my query as to whether I should get a second opinion, since there's no pain in the tooth... yet. I've decided just to go ahead and do it, as there's little doubt that it will inevitably progress to that unhappy state. One friend had three recent extractions and said it wasn't a big deal. It's just always hard to say goodbye to an old friend. 

Meanwhile, I am enjoying life and will happily tend to my gardens, both the front porch one and my vegetable garden in the back. Stay tuned for more progress on that seasonal hobby.

:-)

17 comments:

  1. I think I'd do the same with teeth. If I was 30 years younger I probably would choose another option.
    SPECTACULAR porch views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your front porch is looking colourful already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gardens here are not much of anything yet. Your front porch is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our afternoon was beautiful, 61 degrees and sunny. After doing house work this morning, we got outside to work in the yard. A good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always good to have a good reason to get out. Gardening is a good reason. So is going for coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers are all planted and looking good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your garden and the neighbourhood display of Spring. Good luck with the tooth. Pain is always to be avoided where possible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had a couple pulled and I was fine. Just do as they say afterwards and it should heal up fine.
    Love your porch plants! Everything is so springy there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers look rather wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such a lovely garden on your porch and so handy to tend.
    Glad you are getting the tooth taken care of instead of waiting for the pain. I regretted waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a very beautiful container garden.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have several community gardens in our area... most are connected to a church. I do wish we had one here within our immediate neighborhood. However, I did see a raised garden shelf (I think on Debbie's blog) that I intend to get and try on the side of our house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How welcoming and bright your porch is DJan !
    I simply love all of your flowers, so healthy and colorful.
    Good luck with the tooth removal, I'm not a fan of dentists :)
    April showers bring May flowers, thank you for sharing yours .
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can always get an implant, but it's a lot of trouble and a lot of money ... you're oaky as long as you've got enough to chew!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I noticed your azaleas right away. I love that color. I’m so sorry you’re having to lose a tooth. Art got an implant after losing his tooth and he’s very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.