Monday, April 12, 2021

Spring flowers are everywhere

Red currant and Oregon grape

Yes, everywhere I look I see new spring growth sprouting up and showing off delightful flowers. These plants are both ubiquitous around here. On my way back home after my morning visit to the coffee shop and my friend John, I saw numerous flowering plants, and the juxtaposition of these two contrasting colors caught my eye and caused me to pull out my camera.

I almost took some pictures of the fat lilac buds that are everywhere as well, but I'll save those for a later post. We have some May-like weather on the way, and it's only mid-April. By the time we get through this heat wave (for us, that is), many of the flowers will already be fading, I suspect. But others will bloom anew. I am thrilled that we have such a week ahead.

Although I'm still limping around a little with a sore ankle, otherwise I'm in pretty good shape and am looking forward to making the drive into the Skagit Valley with my friend Melanie to see the riot of tulips that will be in their prime soon, very soon.

And it's just about time for me to start planting in the community garden. I just peeked out there and only one plot is planted already. I've got work to do! But it's such a delightful task, I am ready and willing.

:-)

16 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, the flowers! This week will make the tulips explore and you should have a good show. We will be there next Monday. But first we have a funeral and a sixteenth birthday. The cycle of life goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is such an exciting time of year. Enjoy the tulips and I am really, really looking forward to seeing your community garden plantings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pulled my foot's arch, so we'd be a wobbling pair, you and me!!

    Beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty color there, and the promise of more to come !
    Our trees were in full bloom, Dogwood, and Redbud, and then a hard freeze came along :(
    Hope you heal quickly, I know all about those foot and ankle problems.....
    Enjoy the tulips.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have lots of bright color to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't really have Spring here in Hawaii. Just endless Summer, but I do enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I am so glad you share your flowers with me! It was snowing here but quit for now...who knows what tomorrow will bring:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've had our May-like weather already. The rest of the month looks typically April-like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, can't wait till you take us to Skagit Valley with you. Those tulips are truly a sight to behold even if vicariously. Can I join in on the walking wounded? Nursing a Morton's Neuroma here. Ah Spring. May we all be stiding pain free soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your area looks so pretty with the blooms bursting our everywhere. I hope you share the tulip trip again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your ankle improves quickly so you can wander and wander through the tulips. Looking forward to seeing your garden progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flowers everywhere. I know you love this time of year. Good luck with your ankle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's nothing like planting your garden in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colours in your photo. Time seems to be passing quickly. It seems no time at all since you were planting in your community garden.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.