Monday, April 19, 2021

First veggies are in the ground

My teeny little patch

Yesterday I prepared my little garden patch by turning over the dirt with a shovel and putting in some compost to enrich the soil. By the time I got that far, I was exhausted, working out in the hot sun and doing my best to keep on going in order to get the vegetable starts into the ground. At that point, my friend Carter, who is the Chief Gardener in our community garden, came out to help me finish. Fortunately, we got all those little plants into the ground before this old lady (me) collapsed.

And then I watered them and headed into the apartment for some needed refreshment. After I finish this post, I'll go out and water them again. Although it doesn't look like I got that much done, it sure felt good, once I was finished. I'll be posting more pictures as time goes by, and once I get the final plants in, I can sit back and let the sunshine and water finish the job!

I am also working on my front porch flower garden, and it's coming along well. You will see that in the near future, too. It's that time of the year when everything is in bloom. It sure is a good way to bring one's sense of joy to the forefront. Let's now have some fun!!

:-)

16 comments:

  1. Looking good!!! Looking forward to updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must feel so good to be working in the soil again. Yay for spring! And vaccine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This activity also helps to keep the head away from covid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good. The prep work is the hard part. Glad Carter is still your leader. He is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In your full sun garden these little babies should be very happy. Watch them grow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little patch is looking neat and weed free, ready to grow your lovely veggies. Enjoy watching them grow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully blogger will allow me to comment this time. Love your garden and look forward to seeing more. Gardening IS often hard work, but soooo worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My back hurts just looking at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a lot of work. But, fresh veggies will be a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks oh-so-promising. But I know sunshine and water aren't enough. There's also weeding involved. Still, well worth it for those home-grown veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I need to do some freshening up of my vegetable beds now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to seeing your garden grow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah for a garden! Hope everything grows well! WE will plant about June 1st....so you are way ahead of us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do always delight in seeing your garden grow, DJan.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.