Saturday, July 27, 2019

Walking group and more

Cindy, our leader, on the left
This morning I joined the ladies for the walk around Lake Padden. Most of them went twice around, 5.2 miles, and I thought that maybe I could take out my trekking poles and go around the lake once in the opposite direction, giving me a chance to meet up with them even if right now I can't walk at their speed. But I guess I was too optimistic about my ability to walk at all: I only made it part way around before turning back.

It was overcast, and because of the nice rain we had last night, it was cooled off from the previous several days of too hot (for me) temperatures in the mid-eighties (28°C), and with the cloud cover, it was just right temperature-wise. I thought I could make it farther than I did, but it was a good lesson for me not to push myself too hard, too soon. At least I was out there with them for awhile, and I sure did enjoy the mile or so I did walk. Cindy admonished me to start off walking on flatter surfaces than around the lake, because she wants me to be able to join them until I'm at least 100.
Bouquets of sweet peas at the market
Then I went to the Farmers' Market, not because I needed anything, but thought it would be nice to get in a little bit more walking. Chatting for awhile with a yoga friend I ran into, I was at loose ends about what I might do next. So I just went on home. Now I'm getting my chores done; writing a Saturday post and crossing it off my list.
:-)

14 comments:

  1. I am very glad that you made the attempt - and even more glad that you recognised it was too much for you and turned back.
    Love those sweet peas - and would have bought some to perfume our home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Key is if you feel worse after your attempt to walk around the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mile is a good start! pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good effort. Another bit of healing required. Soon though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are getting better every day. And you did get some exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flowers and a mile sounds just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that seems like baby steps but for a while they will do. You will get there Djan, just keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are listening to your body and going slowly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sweet peas (one of Bud's favorites...had to show him your photo).

    Too much, too soon. Be careful & let your body mend completely or complications could set in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It must be frustrating for you to have to slow down so much but hopefully it won't be too long before you are able to walk a bit further.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying you get better. Take your time.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being out with people is good medicine.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.