Tuesday, July 23, 2019

A short summer break

Pretty purple pansies
I just returned from my appointment with the acupuncturist, and he gave me some good news and some bad news. First, he thinks that within 4-6 weeks, I should be recovered from my injury. That's the bad news, considering what an impatient person I am. Nothing is broken. And right at the height of summer, too.

The good news is that he thinks I will recover fully. I wasn't so sure about it, considering how much I'm still hurting almost two weeks later. After the treatment, I was in noticeably less pain, but he cautioned I should wait a day before I evaluate how much better I really am. He also gave me exercises to do daily to strengthen the muscles around the injured area. And another appointment in a week.

So I guess I'll be posting some photo safari pictures on Thursdays for the next few weeks, but I am encouraged that I will get better if I don't overdo it, which is always my nemesis. I'll be good, I promise!
:-)

13 comments:

  1. Behave, and you will be back in the high country by late summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! Take it easy, dear Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you better be good! Some injuries come back when we give them a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Encouraging news and very good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WONDERFUL news.
    Please, pretty please, curb that (understandable) impatience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'd BETTER behave. Or I'll lock you in a she shed and throw away the key for 4-6 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope you heed his advice. I hurt my shoulder years ago from a fall and it hurt for three years because I kept re-injuring it almost daily. Then my chiropractor taught me how to NOT re-injure it. I obeyed and it is now perfectly healed. Sure hope you are back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely good news. Rest and do the exercises and get well so you can be ready to go again just as autumn rolls around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you're going to heal perfectly. Please follow his advice. We're all rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see you did a moon post too. It must be hard to stay put, when your heart and brain are ready to go - like pinning down the wind! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.