Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Another soggy Thursday ahead

Jim on Heliotrope Ridge hike last year
This lovely picture shows one of my rescuers from last week's fall. He followed closely behind me as I agonized my way back down the trail. Here it is, Tuesday already, and I am barely any better than I was several days ago. I wanted to say thank you to Jim and Kirk and all the rest who helped me get back to civilization. Exactly a year ago, we went to Heliotrope Ridge and I captured this waterfall behind Jim.

I just received an email from Al, who gave us the bad news that once again it will be rainy and wet just in time for our Thursday hike. There was no way I was going to be able to do it, anyway, but it looks like it will be another local hike rather than a trip into the High Country. This is certainly getting old.

However, if it means I won't miss anything fun like last week's lovely hike, I should be happy, right? My bum is still sore enough that walking is slow and measured, meaning that unless I improve a whole lot within the next few days, I'll also miss another Saturday walk with the ladies. And of course it's one of my favorites. Better just keep concentrating on healing!
:-)

16 comments:

  1. Sensible to focus yourself on healing and healing alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that you will miss the fun things you enjoy with your friends. Take care of yourself and get back on the trail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be patient with your temporary limitations. Treat yourself to something special instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, just try and concentrate on getting better. Maybe you could try the pool, with gentle exercises ?
    Healing thoughts and wishes sent your way dear friend.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to read you are still suffering. DEFINITELY concentrate on healing. Gentle cyber hugs are flowing your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pic of the waterfall! What a beautiful area! Sad you will miss this week's hike, but better safe than sorry. You do need to take time to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you make a rapid recovery from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, get healed up first. No sense in aggravating the issue and making tbings worse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry that your fall is keeping you from what you like to do. I bruised my tail bone when the plane is was working on (Stew) dropped and I came down on an arm rest. I remember carrying a little cushion around to sit on. Take care! Janey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patience is not always easy. You want to be in really good shape before you resume, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry some of your pleasures are on hold but like Brit said, maybe some pool time would be helpful and you would feel at least like you were exercising. Also I broke my tail bone years ago and like Janey mentioned, those donut cushions really helped. Take it easy lady, you will be back in action soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that's so sad. I am sorry. Heal and be safe, DJan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Better to take it easy now, Jan. It must be hard for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Probably a good Thursday to miss!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe you could swim:) Perhaps an x ray is in order...take care!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to catch up on your news. Sounds like you fell...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.