Saturday, August 25, 2018

Lily's new car

Lily and her new (to her) Kia Sportage
Lily wouldn't let me drive this morning to the coffee shop and to our walk with the ladies, because she wanted to take me in her 2017 Kia. It had 7,000 miles on it and was used as a loaner when she bought it last week. She got a pretty good deal. On this morning's walk it began to rain a little (a very little), so we left the walk after three miles. Once back in her car, when she went to turn on the windshield wipers, they only cleared the rear window. Since we weren't far from the dealer where she bought the car, we went over there to find out how to change from the rear to the front. It was so easy, once we knew how.

The rain is welcome, but there sure isn't much of it. However, it's possible that tomorrow might bring us a little more. It's a good thing Lily figured out the wipers when it wasn't pouring! I actually like to walk in cool sprinkly weather, but Lily, not so much. So now I'm home, thinking about what to do with the rest of my Saturday. My friend Judy and I will go to the movies together, but not for several hours yet. Until then, I think I'll get some chores done. And maybe a few minutes of yoga under my own direction. Why not?
:-)

15 comments:

  1. I hope that you (and we) get some much needed rain.
    Like you, I like to be out in it, but am aware many do not.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were out at a garden art show this morning and the sprinkles were't even enough to make us wish we had umbrellas of jackets.
    We would like enough rain for Lily to use her wipers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the wildfires on the west coast sure need significant rain Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me a while to catch on to the wiper controls and also the light controls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope she likes her Kia! I am always consulting the owners manual about something:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. New-to-you cars are always exciting. Glad you guys were close to the dealership and it wasn't raining hard. We've been getting rain here for three days--twice it has had thunder cracks that have woken me up at 2 and 2:30 in the morning--LOL! Glad to have it! I wish you'd get a lot more rain out west with the fires.

    I hope it was a good movie and expect to hear about it later. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you saw Crazy Rich Asians. If not, go see it! Best movie I've seen in a LONG while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seven thousand miles?? Congrats to Lily, she got a deal. That is not even broke in yet. I think a road trip is beckoning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That must have been a surprise! Glad it worked out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice car...& only 7000 miles on it, it should still be under warantee.

    I too like to walk in the misty air! What movie did you go see?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That my problem with new cars. So many button to push. So many instructions to forget.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Korean cars are great. I have a Hyundai Accent, which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great car and that she got a good deal for it. We sure did have a lot of rain in our part of the world. Your area is so green.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.