Saturday, August 11, 2018

Change in the weather

Cloudy skies over the marina
Today we ladies walked along Squalicum Harbor under threatening, cloudy skies. With a cool delightful breeze, it lowered our average daily temperature by at least ten degrees. Some brought along a raincoat, which was not needed, and by the time we finished our walk, the chance of rain had fallen from 20% to 5%. Not a drop has made it to the ground yet, and I suspect if we get any rain at all, it will be minimal.

What a wonderful change from the oppressive temperatures of the past week. A trip to the Farmers' Market was filled with happy people, out and about, enjoying a return to our usual Pacific Northwest climate. Although it's not expected to last very long, a day or two, most of us can manage to hang on and figure we've had the worst of the summer heat by now.

I completely forgot to write a post on Tuesday, if you're wondering. I know that I am the one who has made this schedule and I can change it if I want, but it's nice to have a structure to follow. I like Saturday, Tuesday, and Thursday for my posts on this blog, but maybe it's time to skip a couple now and then. It's happening even if I don't mean to, anyway.
:-)

15 comments:

  1. Those skies look brooding.

    I can keep a daily schedule on my photoblog without a problem, but I decided to take a few weeks off on my writer's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even when it's cloudy, the landscape is dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing sky.
    I hoped to get rain here yesterday. And was disappointed. Incontinent pigeon rain only. Splat, splat and it was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday...those are our prescribed watering days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so gorgeous! So glad the weather is improving for you. It’s hot here in the Midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We took advantage of cooler temps to get out and about too, including a farmers market. There was a lot of rain in Puyallup, but we don't seem to have had much here in SeaTac.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is good! the heat's gone for a little while and you can skip a post without any guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for the cloudy skies and cool weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice you are getting breaks from the heat now and then. I mean that is why you live where you do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Er ... I know what you mean; I've been skipping a few lately myself. Love your marina photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cooler days are appreciated so much! The worst of the smoke seems to be passing through here. We've had days in the 90s. But fall will come...and winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are free to do whatever you want. It's not illegal to skip a post now and then. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty view! You are the captain of your own ship so you can do what you want with your blog. Glad you are cooler, we are really hot, heat index is over 100 :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful marina scene and it sounds like a nice walk was had despite the threat of rain.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.