Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Late summer flowers

A daisy of some kind
Walking to my car after a wonderful restorative yoga class, I saw these pretty flowers smiling at me. I do think they are a decorative daisy, but I could be wrong. It was early afternoon and I thought I'd just take a few pictures to remind me to write a blog post today. Being Tuesday and all, I was mulling the post as I drove home.

And then, as soon as I hit the apartment, I spent some time making myself a delicious salad for lunch, ate it, and picked up my latest book and completely forgot about the post. As I finished the book just in time to dash out the door to our monthly WAHA meeting (Whatcom Alliance for Health Advancement, where I do my volunteer work), I remembered.

So here I am, back home after the meeting and writing a quickie to assuage my guilty conscience. Why is it so important to me to keep to a schedule? After all, I'm the one who made it up. I figure it's because I like deadlines, whereas most people really don't. Especially when those deadlines don't matter, I'm happy to slip myself into my imaginary timetable. So here's the other picture I took. Are these really daisies? Does anybody know?
Maybe they are dahlias
:-)

15 comments:

  1. I would definitely vote for the daisy family. Pretty whatever their name.
    Further thought suggests galliardia (blanket flower) which is daisy like but belongs to the sunflower family.
    I am a fan of routine myself. Which I suppose means that I am happy with some deadlines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what these flowers are but they sure are pretty! Thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever they are, they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a deadline person. I'm a procrastinator. Lots of times it's not fun to procrastinate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are Gazanias! And pretty ones too, they close up at night and open during the day. They are a good plant for hard to grow spots:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not big on deadlines and as you could tell by my jungle post, I can procrastinate with the best of them.
    Love those flowers--hope you get a positive ID.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flowers, whatever they are called. I blog every other day, so I am not on specific days. Seems to work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of Gazanias. They are beautifully perky!

    I do self-imposed deadlines, too. Just feels good when you meet them and they don't have the pressure outside deadlines do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes the only way I can get a tedious chore out of the way is self-impose a deadline. I am rather fond of my routines though.

    Those are gorgeous flowers - but I'd never heard (or seen) of them before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What unusual flowers! They’re gorgeous! Wouldn’t you know Linda would know what they are. I am always amazed at her knowledge of all the flora around you. I need a deadline and schedule too. I feel like it’s good for my brain and I like to be organized.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the flowers are ...heck, I can't think of their name. It starts with a G. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the idea that the flowers are smiling at you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are daisies on steroids. Our garden is drying up, but I still have a few things. I just picked a tiny cucumber. And there's still a few tomatoes and jalapenos. We're still enjoying blueberries from our farm visit. All is good I guess. I fear I missed buying a huge bin of cheap, late season tomatoes to freeze. Time will tell...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.