Sunday, April 29, 2012

Flowers for Leontien

{{Hugs}}
I am offering this perfect rose from last summer's Farmers' Market to Leontien, a woman I had never heard about until last week, when Theresa from the Run*Around*Ranch invited me to be in on yesterday's surprise for her.

Although I didn't participate, I checked into what was posted yesterday and the surprise bunch of blog posts with flowers for Leontien and am sitting here simply overwhelmed with what I've learned about the power of the blogosphere. Here's a bit of background.

Leontien is battling cancer and has determined that she will fight it with all her might, inspiring three bloggers with the idea of providing a list of blog posts that would make her realize that she is not alone in her struggle. Not having known anything about her until I looked at her blog (Four Leaf Clover Tales), I felt a bit reluctant to participate. Until today. The beautiful and overwhelming flowers and posts that have been created here cannot help but inspire anybody. Please take a look at Nancy's blog called A Rural Journal where you too can join the caravan (she's hosting the gift page) and give Leontien your flower, your hopes, a virtual hug, whatever. As soon as I've finished this, that's where this one is going.

This was all the brainchild of Buttons, who enlisted the help of Theresa and Nancy. I received an invitation to be part of the surprise from Theresa and, as I said, I declined. That said, the power of the blogosphere, of love and hope has given me the desire to spread this to Leontien from any of my own followers who might not have heard about it. At this moment (it changes continually), there are 186 flowers and posts on the site. The inspiration I've gained from a random sampling just fills my heart with joy. I'll spend a bit more time crying healing tears, not only for Leontien, but for all of us who have joined together to spread some love.
:-)

26 comments:

  1. Thank you DJAN... I am going to look at this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely, incredibly powerful and overwhelming! i spent a great part of yesterday visiting each and every person who linked in and posted for leontien. the emotions led to sobs but in a good way. i love this community. leontien, herself, is an inspiration to so many. this gift from so many people around the world is inspiring, too.

    THANK YOU, djan. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post helps to make sense of what's going on. I did follow your link and learned more. Her blog has shades of what happened to Pete in his last days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O yes….Leontien need this !!!..love for all the blog girls who give her flowers today !!…glad you did this….love Ria…xxx…

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll look into this when I have a bit more time. I'm still trying to catch up from being gone, and then buying new technology.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love it when people band together to touch lives...this is beautiful...the flower, but also the cause...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful, DJan. I saw this on someone else's blog, but didn't understand all the background. It's so wonderful to hear about the love the healing in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll run over and check it out. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The power of thought and well wishes - the power of including someone in your prayers - the power of a small flower sent with best wishes - all inspiring - all heartfelt. I am on my way there right now.
    Lovely post DJan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for mentioning her in your blog. I visited her blog and left a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for mentioning her in your blog. I visited her blog and left a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is beautiful I truly believe in the awesome power in sharing love on the internet. This warms my heart all the support in this world.
    I have cried with happiness and hope in a world where nothing is impossible if you believe in people. Thank you for joining and sharing. Leontien and everyone out there fighting a battle should know they are not alone and are loved even by strangers. We can change the world with this blogger thing in a good way. HUGS. B

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful. Am off to leave my virtual hug and love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful thing these women have done. The world of blogging is not bad. It's nice to know such nice folks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a very special outpouring of love and support. Blogging can indeed be powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The outpouring of love from around the internet has been amazing. It is heartening to see so many responding to the request.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The blogosphere is such a wonderful supportive environment. Your flowers are a beautiful addition, to a glorious meme.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the links, Jan.
    I went to them, read about Leontien, and read the article in "The Progressive Dairyman" magazine about her. I visited her blog, and she is now in my prayers and will continue to be. Thank you again for sharing the love.
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  19. First off. What a beautiful misty tree photo from you last post. I'll check out the links. I hope the flower posts will inspire courage and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's a lovely gesture (and photo) for sure. I felt/feel the same reluctance to participate for someone I don't know directly. Good for you for overcoming it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved your photos of the tulip festival. What a grand place to visit. We just came back from New Orleans where I walked a lot - thought about your walks in the mountain – we walked all over the French Quarter! Now I am behind again reading all my bloggy friends’ posts – it will take me a while. I’ll go and read about Leontien then.
    I have problems with Blogger again. I wrote a post yesterday afternoon and it never updated Blogger. I just went and changed a space and clicked “publish” again and it did update – 17 hours late. I also cannot keep the same font on the post. Your posts always look fine. I also enjoyed your post on your father. My father died in 1974 – he was 66. Now that I am past that age, 66 seems young.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't know her either. There are a lot of wonderful, loving people who restore your faith in humanity. Nice to hear. I shall check out the links. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The power of the Blogosphere is indeed amazing! What a lovely story! I will check out the links too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I shared through Sandra and your words echo what power the net has. We can all feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful blooms, Djan.

    Thank you for joining us at Flowers for Leontien. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.