Saturday, September 10, 2016

Magnificent Saturday

Lily at Zuanich Park
I love this picture of my neighbor Lily, who this morning joined Lynn and me for her second Saturday walk with the ladies. She had just exclaimed at the beauty and wonder of the place where we were walking, and I captured the feeling with this picture. A beautiful day, with clearing skies, and a whole bunch of cool women to share the moment.
A berry nice quilt
Then we finished our morning with a visit to the Farmers' Market, with abundance everywhere we looked. Lynn pointed out these raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries making a luscious quilt pattern. I'm now heading off to the movies with my friend Judy. It's hard to stop smiling at my good fortune. Wishing you the best of days, too!
:-)

15 comments:

  1. We stopped by the farmers market in Burien on Thursday, the first time this season that we have made it to a market, and loved looking at the beautiful produce.
    We enjoyed the sunny Saturday too, with time spent on the sidelines at two youth soccer games, the first of the season for the grand kids, and a short walk, flower picking and lunch on the patio in between the soccer games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent indeed. Enjoy your day, as I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your day sounds wonderful. Lily's gesture applies to your life right now.

    Yummy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those two photos are heavenly. Looks like you all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to read and stop smiling at your good fortune, too. Glad you are having a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Lily and all you wonderful women--joy! joy! joy! for this beautiful day!!
    Hope you tell us your opinion about whichever movie you see with Judy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a picture of pure joy. You have really planned a perfect day. Enjoy the heck out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can tell you had a very good day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty quilt of berries! You have a very joyful friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those berries look colorful and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What movie did you go see?
    I love the berry display and Lily enveloping the beauty of the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yummmm...
    Berries are so very expensive in Hawaii. We have to get it affordably frozen. How wonderful to have such a happy neighbor.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.