Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Coffee art

A half smile from my alien
My regular barista wasn't there when I got my coffee on Sunday morning. Nika tried to make a design for me, but she apologized when it didn't turn out right.

"Well," I said, "it looks a little bit like a smiling alien with a tail to me." It tasted just fine, and I am actully quite fond of the little tyke. It must be hard to concoct a drink with foam. Just for fun, I went to Google and typed in "foam coffee art" and came up with some simply amazing designs. This one caught my eye.
By Kazuki Yamamoto
Cute! A kitty and his very own koi pond. The only problem I see with this one is trying to drink it. Adorable, isn't it? My regular barista, Zack, makes some beautiful designs himself, but none are so fancy that I hesitate to drink my latte. Here's one of his.
Nice work, Zack
We do have fun in the coffee shop. Who would have ever expected that making a coffee drink could be so much fun?
:-)

18 comments:

  1. Our favourite coffee shop does the same. Art in a cup! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kitty and the koi pond are art which I couldn't disturb.
    Love your baristas work - and the work of his stand-in looks like a prelude to Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That kitty and koi pond is amazing. It's unbelievable what people can come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That kitty and koi fish design is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty fancy coffee! Mine comes with a lid on it. I guess no art is required that way?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures. And love when I find a coffee shop producing artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good to me. It must be very hard to get any design with that material.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never gotten a foam art made for me by a barista. What a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Art in a cup to be consumed, it must be fun to make designs all day IF you are good at it. I don't drink coffee so I have not had art to drink:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a coffee drinker (I like tea), but the beautiful art work in a coffee cup almost make me tempted to drink it! Thanks for sharing the beauty of artful design with us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's fun seeing art in all forms.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great way to put pizzazz into an everyday job. I would hesitate drinking it and ruining their design. Kind of like your alien with a tail.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like to go and look at all your past photos that I may have missed in your posts. You always show such spectacular scenery. I wish I could walk like you but it seems my knees are getting a lot worse. I barely can walk now, even with a cane. I hope I am not waiting too long for my operation and my knees will be beyond repair, but it can’t be helped as Jim cannot help me at all anymore. So instead I go on virtual hikes with you. Your coffee foam art photos are terrific. I have seen some foam art like these and it is hard to believe how they can achieve such precise art. In a way it is like chalk art – it does not last. Make me think to check on the chalk art on the square. … am back, it is on October 8 and 9 – I’ll have to go for sure, hope it won’t rain.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coffee art. Whoda thought though it somewhat remindful of "cloud interpretation...:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are some pretty fancy drinks. I look at the coffee art that I sometimes get on my coffee and marvel at the skill it must take to create these. It is fun to drink coffee that has been given a special touch by the barista.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.