Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Last Tuesday of the summer

Fall flowers
I took this picture last Thursday at the very end of our beautiful sunny day on Ptarmigan Ridge. The white flowers are pearly everlasting, and the pink ones in front are the remnants of fireweed. In the upper right you can see the beautiful blue sky we were treated to all day long.

And after a very rainy Saturday, when we got more than three-quarters of an inch of rain (a lot for us), yesterday was also on and off rainy. Today, however, it's blue sky again, and it looks like our first fall hike on Thursday will be sunny. I'll be putting my pictures on here, of course.

I've been watching with interest the reviews of the new iPhone 7, because I'll be eligible for an upgrade in December and think I'll get one. However, the pictures taken with my iPhone 6 are wonderful and I can hardly imagine how the camera could be improved. I look forward to finding out the differences. It's still early.

Hope you are enjoying the last Tuesday of the season. Thursday at 7:21am PST is the equinox, when the days and nights are of equal length. Take a look at this website if you want to find out when it's happening in your neck of the woods. (Look under the "Sun and Moon" menu to find the seasons.)
:-)

15 comments:

  1. Your dying days of summer look gorgeous, and I hope that fall matches that beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful colors. we've hit 100 in dallas the last two days. i ready for a bit of autumn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer is gone too soon. Autumn, bring on your colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see Pearly Everlasting blooming here, too, but never such large clumps. I'm taking a long hike alone tomorrow - the last day of summer. Today, I hiked with friends. Friday snow is forecasted! I've been looking at the iPhone 7, too - I'm eligible now for the upgrade but am waiting for more reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you send some of your sunny weather this way. We haven't had big downpours just a little rain everyday so that things don't dry up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blue is startling! At first, I thought it was flowers, then enlarged the pic. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd forgotten all about the "official' chnage of the season. It's been feeling like fall around here for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feels like Fall here too! We always start Fall in August and winter in November and spring in May and summer in June...that is Minnesota weather for you! I hope you have a good hike on Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. First off, LOVED the rainy day post below this one. I'm behind in visiting this week.

    And yes, equal hours for sun AND moon. Only two times a year this occurs. Rain? We actually had a couple of days of short lasting rain storms, but I'll take what I can get.

    The wild flowers are terrific ... as is the blue sky!!! Indigo blue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful wildflower photo. I've been seeing lots of those pearly everlasting flowers on my hikes too. Happy to see fall is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous! And ugh, don't talk (to meeeeee) about the clock change that is coming. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful wildflower blooms for the end of summer and start of fall. Nature is putting on a great show. I'm ready for cooler weather and different sights.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love blue skies, too, which is why I love Hawaii so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perhaps we adopted your climate as our forecast is more rain yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just got the iPhone 6s a year ago so I'm going to have to wait...maybe for the 8. :-)
    Love the photos you take with your 6. I'll be looking forward to hearing your reviews of the 7.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.