Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Favorite evening hangout

Lynn's front porch, taken from my own porch
One of the nicest perks of these apartments are the spacious front (and back) covered porches. The one in the front of the apartments (seen above) faces east and gives us some great views, along with being shaded after the morning sun moves overhead. The back porch faces west and gets very warm late in the day.
Lynn's from the other side, looking towards mine
When the weather is fine, we have been gathering for a nice glass of wine or a beer in the evening. We've got a new single woman who just moved in a few doors down, and a family of four right next to her. I've met them both because of Lynn. She is cultivating quite a following, and I am happy to come out with a box of wine and get to know my neighbors. Nobody has to be a designated driver, and somehow we have been managing to pass many an evening together. Since I'm an early-to-bed person, all I have to do is just say goodnight and there's my front door! I can still hear their laughter as I slip into bed: really one of the most enjoyable ways for me to end a lovely summer's day.
:-)

24 comments:

  1. I just love this. Wish I lived in your building, I'd be right over with some bread and cheese, maybe cookies. How divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds absolutely lovely. For everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful way to have community.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cool place to hang out and visit neighbors and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great way to socialize without having to drive home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the best way to socialize.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely! It looks so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful way to meet new people, enjoy old friends, and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to have areas to bring people together and also have space for alone-time. There isn't much interaction in my neighborhood. We mostly wave in passing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lixurious balconies! And neat to have them connected.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new neighbor has enriched the lives of all around her. That is a special person, and you are fortunate indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a good front porch! Yours are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like a porch! How wonderful to have Lynn for a neighbor, it seems she is a very outgoing neighbor and sounds just perfect to live next door to you! Nothing better than good friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The porches look like the most inviting places to gather!! Just lovely! Lynn has been quite the people magnet and that sounds like a great thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The communal porches look like a great idea to mix with your neighbours especially over a glass of wine at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had no idea you all were so close with easy access. It is a blessing you have such cool neighbors. If they weren't, it could be a nightmare. Keep enjoying that neat setup. Sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwwwwwwww, a very nice description of your day [be it early in the morning or with friends and wine in the evening]

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful porches! I love the way they are all set up to be outdoor living areas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that porch, DJan! What a great place to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an inviting porch! Happy fall! (It's still scorching hot here in Florida!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. How lovely it must be for you ending your days that way. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, how great that you have such nice spaces and that you all have come to use them so well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh! What a wonderful, perfect place to live. You always have friends just a step away. Lovely! I'd love to be a neighbor.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.