Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Samish Overlook from Upper Trailhead

Waterfall from bridge

I've taken this picture many times before, and always the amount of water varies considerably. Since we just received an inch of rain two days ago, it's pretty full at the moment. You could hear it long before we could see it. Lovely!

Our forest on the trail

It was not an especially challenging hike, which is expected on Tuesdays with the Happy Wanderers, so there were 22 hikers starting from Blanchard Mountain's Upper Trailhead parking lot. We hiked upwards to the junction that would take us to Samish Overlook, rather than hiking up the much harder and longer one to Lily Lake along the same trail. The junction took us to the Larry Reed Trail, and then to Samish Overlook.

Samish Overlook

We couldn't have asked for a nicer day for this hike. The early morning clouds cleared off, and we had plentiful sunshine as we enjoyed this wonderful place. We stopped here for lunch and conversation before returning back the way we had come.

Cindy and Donna on the Larry Reed trail

Sometimes when I look at my fellow hikers, I realize we do personify healthy and vibrant seniors. Neither of these ladies look old enough to be classified as elderly, in my opinion. Of course, neither of them is an octogenarian, although there were plenty in attendance today, not just me.

Mossy log, ferns, and hikers

This picture shows what a beautiful place we live in. And you can see the sunshine on the trail, the happy hikers (or should I say happy wanderers) as we approached the end of our 6.5-mile hike.

I was hoping to get a picture of the entire group from our leader, Barb, so I waited a good while before starting this post, hoping she would post her own pictures first. Then I decided that, what the heck, if there is a picture of us, good, but I needed to make sure I got my post up before I lose the day's momentum.

Another good day in the Pacific Northwest's beautiful forests. Hopefully your day has brought you as much joy as I received from mine. We are certainly lucky to be as incredibly blessed as we are. Sending you love from my heart to yours on Valentine's Eve.

:-)


9 comments:

  1. Good for you for making it another good day in the forest.
    I did get out and plant my primroses and clean up the front porch. Charlie the Borrowed Cat came to visit, and I sent Starbucks e-cards to my kids. Tomorrow I'll cook us a nice dinner. ( I pretty much do that every night). I just finished 6 miles on my stationary bike so it's time to rest. Happy Valentines Day. I hope it's a sweet one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, as are Cindy & Donna. Loved that long mossy log too, Happy Valentines Day DJan. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely healthy, vibrant seniors, DJan! Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great day to be out. Great photo from the Samish over look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wonderful hike. Love the photos. The waterfall is a favourite! Happy Valentine’s Day, Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your long hikes in WA are certainly more interesting and inspiring than my very short walks in Eastern Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful, indeed. You are fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, they don't look like seniors--lol! You have such big groups that show up on Tuesdays. So nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is it about waterfalls that is so enthralling? There is something magical about them!
    Happy ♥️ Day to you and your Partner!
    Marcia in Colorado

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.