Tuesday, November 14, 2023

He's BACK

John at the coffee shop today

It sure is nice to have John back where he belongs, after four days and nights at the hospital. He started having woozines and weakness and called his son (who lives nearby) and went to the hospital to find out what was going on. They admitted him and found that his potassium levels were all out of whack, and they ended up keeping him for that long before feeling he was well enough to go home. He lost a little more weight and has had his heart medications changed extensively.

Today he says he's not back to what he considers normal, but is on the way there. Hopefully he will, since being elderly means that every day is a gift. I saw a cartoon the other day about a man who had his 80th birthday and told his friends that he could "go at any moment now." It does something to your perspective when you pass that eightieth birthday, and John will soon be 84! But I think he's going to stay around for awhile longer; I hope so anyway.

I'm up there in the stratospheric age numbers myself. Soon I'll be eighty-one but don't feel that much different than I did a decade ago. I do have more aches and pains, but mostly they recede into the background once I get the old joints lubricated in the morning. I got plenty of sleep last night, and that always makes for a better day ahead. (I just had an image of the Tin Man's oil can squirting lubrication into my knees.)

Some dastardly vandal has trashed one of my favorite parks, I discovered this morning. I cannot imagine what devilish joy it must have given this jerk to drive his big truck all over the grass and destroy something so beautiful.

The entire lawn is mangled

Boulevard Park along the waterfront is one of Bellingham's treasures. I sure hope they capture him (it's almost always a him) and make him pay. Some people just cannot allow such beauty. But what the heck, it will grow back and at least we can be glad he left his AR-15 at home. 

:-(

15 comments:

  1. At least the gun was left out of it! So right!

    Best wishes to John for a speedy return to his normal self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see John!!
    I hope they catch the destructive driver. What a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing when you mentioned getting your old joints lubricated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, your parting comment left me laughing. Even though it's not really funny.
    I had to go back for an additional brain scan this afternoon. I was in the MRI machine on Sunday morning, but they forgot to do the deeper scan my Doc wanted, We are gathering information about me. Hopefully by the new year we will have a few more answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once you pass the 80 mark it's as before. the years just come and go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see John and hear he is recovering! What a jerk driving all over that grass, I hope they had security cameras and catch him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kay of Musings: That is so irritating. I hope they catch that guy too. I’m glad to see your friend, John is recovered too. Gosh, does this mean we should eat more things like bananas? My doctor said my salt level was low. I told him that’s crazy since I know I eat too much salt. I think. He said it’s because of my vertigo causing a problem with my kidneys? Liver? Dang! I forgot.

    Art will be 80 next year, but he’s in my better health than me. He exercises more than me. And you, with all your exercising is youngest of all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WONDERFUL news that John is back.
    Sigh at the oxygen thief.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good news to see your friend looking well again. Impossible to understand how some people's thought processes work. To destroy something that gives people joy is a good idea. I hope they catch up with him and make him do some community service as a punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope John is taking a potassium supplement as well as a magnesium supplement, too! That helps if he gets leg cramps, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad John is up and about again. Potassium levels can lay you low. I was hospitalized (when young) twice with low potassium. My dr told me that eating a banana a day was not enough and to take a supplement. I've done that for 30+ years and not had any more potassium issues.

    As for the miscreant who ruined your park, bad behavior just because they could...and I hope someone had a camera hooked up and caught it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank goodness the idiots are a minority but they sure can be annoying in their dumb antics. Glad your partner is back for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope they get him too and make him pay for the damage. Yes, we all know that it will be a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. In almost all of your posts you say something that just strikes me a perfection. This time it is “being elderly means that every day is a gift.” So true. Glad to hear John is back … he does seem to be smiling in your photo. I’m curious if John is a blogger. I just wonder if you two talk “blog” in the coffee shop. 😊 Can’t believe the damage to Boulevard Park. The person who did that is so full of hate their life must be miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, catching up on last week's blogs now. Had some 'issues' that kept me away. John looks good. Hope his health continues to improve. Yes, once we get to these 'final years', you think about things a little 'differently' - knowing our days are limited.
    As for the person who did that to the Park, hoping it wasn't malicious, but just thoughtless. But still, it's awful...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.