Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Enjoying my special week

A favorite tree losing its leaves

I have loved seeing this tree throughout the year as I pass it on my walk through Cornwall Park on my way back from the coffee shop most days. From the first buds in springtime, until the flaming leaves beginning their final days in late November, it's a joy to see. Today, I saw what it looks like now.

Bare branches

It was also very foggy this morning, so much so that I decided not to try to make it to the Senior Trailblazers' hike, but instead join John at the coffee shop and head home through the park. I was surprised that the fog stuck around for so long. But I also knew that I didn't want to miss my acupuncture treatment this afternoon, so it was a perfect way to get my steps in and be finished with my walk in plenty of time.

Taken from my apartment steps

We have a different species of maple tree that I see as I walk up the steps to my apartment, and it's only just begun to shed all its leaves. But there is no denying that fall is in the rear view window, and winter is beginning to take over. I had to watch my step as I walked to the bus, since the heavy fog and below-freezing temperatures meant that I could easily slip on icy tarmac if I didn't pay attention.

Tomorrow I'm going on another boat trip into the San Juan islands, this time to Cypress Island, which I know nothing about. If you check out that link, you'll know as much as I do about it. There are at least eleven of us going, and we are taking that same water taxi that took us to Sucia Island last month. It's another exciting trip into the San Juans, and we should get lots of hiking around the island as well. 

And! I bought myself a new iPad Air, and after much consultation with Apple's tech support, we (that would be SG and me) managed to get everything transferred from the old one to the new one, and everything seems to be working quite well. It's definitely a new version of my old friend iPad. And much faster, too! I am happy and only beginning my special week!

:-)

14 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful tree!
    Have fun on another island adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have all these wonderful adventures, DJan! Have a terrific time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall gives us many changes. If we're out there we see the interesting things happen like your tree. For such a tree we wait and wait for the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your special week continues as it has started. Love that tree. Enjoy tomorrow's adventure - to the max.

    ReplyDelete


  5. All of our once colorful trees are bare now, but now we appreciate the branch structure, and the little birds that come to the feeder from the maple tree in the front yard are happy with a clear flight path.
    We call a birthday week full of little celebrations a pageant. Sounds like yours is well under way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing the tree at different stages. The older I get, the more I'm enjoying nature. Wishing you the best for your special week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The island excursion sounds wonderful. This is shaping up to be a great birthday week, Jan. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is much to love about that tree.

    As for iPads. I lumber along with my ancient Air2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like your birthday week is off to a great start. Best wishes with your new computer. Terry's birthday is on Sunday, and he too has ordered himself a new computer. I am the APPLE user in this family. He has ordered an HP that should arrive this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love weeks like that. All pleasure and good new things to keep us happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday week! Glad you're enjoying your new iPad and looking forward to pictures of your island adventure tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah for new technology! Hope you have a great hike on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a beautiful tree. Do you photograph it monthly? Enjoy your trip and take care on those icy paths.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.