Thursday, October 5, 2023

A beautiful local day

Pumpkin head

 Lily took this picture of me in the midst of all those pumpkins and other signs of the season. I was surprised to see that my head didn't even begin to fill the spot, but never mind: I sure had fun hanging out with my pal Lily. 

Even though it was a beautiful day today, I didn't go with the Senior Trailblazers up to the High Country. Instead, I had a different kind of Thursday, one that is beginning to become a habit. I went for a really nice walk in my neighborhood and got enough steps to satisfy my hungry fitness rings. It is amazingly warm for a day in the first week of October, shirtsleeve weather! It won't last, of course, but for now it feels like a gift.

Spooks and pumpkins galore

All around town, these signs of summer's end and fall delights are cropping up. The owners of this particular home sport fun displays during October, and then more elaborate things for the Christmas season. Red and orange are the colors showing up everywhere right now, with leaves turning and pumpkins around every corner. If only Indian Summer lasted longer and didn't lead to a long and dreary winter ahead. But no matter: the seasons are enjoyed as they come, and as they progress into the next one we will find the joy and look forward to the next as they come. It's nice to know that part of the globe is already in springtime, just as we head into fall.

:-)

12 comments:

  1. Seasonal decorations are rare here. It is lovely to see yours.
    No one as modest as you are about your achievements could possibly have a swollen head. There is room for you and one of your many friends in that hole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day you had, out and about, enjoying the area. There is a lot to take in if we but see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun outing, DJan. I wish I could fly you to Pittsburgh so you could do a walk-thru my neighborhood and show me what I'm missing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fall day! Love the pumpkin shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall is a beautiful time of year. However there's not much wrong with a beautiful winter day if it's real winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to have a good friend like Lily, a friend to take Melanie's place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pumpkins... and that cute pic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like your neighborhood, our town is beginning to sprout lots of different colors . . . in the trees, on the porches, by the windows. Makes for fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sky is especially blue right now, and lovely contrast to pumpkin orange.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good that you had time with Lily! Yes Fall is here with the dreaded Winter coming on strong.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have the best summers and autumns.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A delightful post. I look forward to your posts each year where you share the signs of summer’s end and fall delights cropping up in beautiful Bellingham.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.