Monday, March 28, 2022

Bunny tales

Can you see him in there?

Another rainy morning, so I decided to make my walk home from the coffee shop shorter than normal. I walked just over a mile, and during that time I saw this cute little bunny run across the trail in front of me. I wondered if he would hold still long enough for me to get a picture, and sure enough he did.

I also heard a rooster crowing, which I sometimes manage to hear on my walk, and it always makes me happy to hear his insistent voice. Although I pass by the same way every day, even on my shortened walk, I don't often hear him. And a bit later on the walk, I also heard a hooty-owl calling. There is probably much more wildlife than I am aware of, but it's lovely when the sounds of nature fills my ears.

Although I got enough sleep last night, I'm still feeling a little drowsy, even after my usual coffee and a good breakfast. In another hour, I've got a lunchtime yoga Zoom class to attend, and after that a massage scheduled downtown. Not a bad way to spend a rainy day, eh?

:-)

19 comments:

  1. I had to enlarge the photo to spot your little friend. You did well to get a snap of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! This sounds like a wonderful day. I had to search for that bunny too. I would love a little more rain here in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I saw your bunny! Soon you will see lots of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you hadn't have told me I'd have missed him but when you know what you are looking for, he is obvious. Nice having the critters communicate with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to schedule a massage. We are used to filling our rainy days here, aren't we? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. House cleaning and laundry have filled my day so far, and now it is well into the afternoon and I will be sitting for a while. It is not raining here but I am not feeling up to going for walk today

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was sick yesterday and slept have of today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really had to look to find the bunny in your photo. You wonder how many times you walk right by these little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Opening up to nature makes my walks more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet little cottontail!
    Rooster and owl, too. What a delightful walk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...a perfect way to spend the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yes, I see the rabbit. His eye ring shows him off.

      Delete
  12. Your day sounds perfect. I have yet to hear or see an owl. One day…

    ReplyDelete
  13. DJan, your eyesight can't be too bad if you could see the bunny in there well enough to take a pic! He was pretty hidden. But it sounds like you had a nice walk with nature with the rain, the bunny, the rooster, and the owl...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a perfect day to me! Those bunnies think if they hold really still, we will not see them. It probably works for some.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Took me a minute to find that bunny -- you have a good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice encounters on your walk. The pic required enlarging (on the ipad, at least), but there it was.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It took me a moment. He or she really blends in.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.