Monday, October 18, 2021

Full-on fall color

Snagged from Seeing Bellingham

 Yes, we are in full fall color here in Bellingham this week. After a day of rain yesterday, I mean ALL DAY, it was lovely to get up this morning and walk through the puddles to the bus stop. Under cloudy skies, but with no rain. Apparently we will be doing one of those on/off periods. I'll need to get my exercise in between rain storms. 

Taken this morning in Cornwall Park

As I walked home after the customary coffee shop experience, I saw that this tree is just beginning to change into its fall wardrobe. This is the time of year that gives us all the most variety when walking on our usual trails. I wonder what might be the catalyst that triggers the tree's change in color. Of course I know that the angle of the sun plays a part, but why do some trees immediately jump into the change, while others take their time? The tree above had no color at all last week. Go figure.

These days I am feeling rather mellow and don't seem to need to get outdoors as often as I usually do. Can it be that I'm slowing down along with the season? I've got an acupuncture treatment tomorrow and I think I'll ask for a little help with my laziness. In some ways it feels good to hang out in my easy chair reading a good novel. But then again, that urge to get my 10,000 steps a day nags at me.

I just watched the first episode of the new season of Succession, and since I had only recently discovered the series, I was anxiously awaiting its return. But I get really annoyed with shows that dangle only one episode a week in front of me. I've become spoiled by complete season drops, and being older and forgetful, sometimes I lose interest and neglect to watch it. If I weren't so invested, I'd wait until all nine episodes had been released to catch the season. Not likely with this series: I can't wait to see what horrible things this family will do next, mostly to each other!

:-)

16 comments:

  1. The color change in your area is really beautiful. We don't get as much here. I remember going to Arkansas a few years ago and marveling at the colors. Fall is really a pretty season. I've always thought the fallen leaves on the lawns looked so nice that I hated when people raked them up.
    I've never heard of 'Succession' but will check it out. I just finished the full first season of 'Sweet Magnolias' and am sad that we have to wait until 2022 for the 2nd. (Guess we are getting spoiled with binging...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could probably afford to be a little lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gorgeous fall colors, DJan. And yes, we too have gotten lazy about having to wait for weekly series updates. We’ve been watching Lucifer lately. It’s pretty far out, but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We only have Netflix other than network TV, but now that our regular series have started we have quite a bit to watch. We record everything we like so that if we have to miss something we can pick it up when nothing else we like is on. On Netflix we have just started watching "The Chair". It looks to be pretty good. With half hour series we usually watch two at a time, but we usually don't binge watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have the opportunity to stream series so I do wait each week. I do record them and wait till I have two of them before I watch, just in case there is that dreaded, "Continued."

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have Fall! I try not to watch the weekly installment shows...I like the full season! Spoiled:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore arboreal fireworks - and these are special. Thank you.
    Perhaps you body is suggesting you take it easy for a bit?
    Just a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 years ago I was in Ashland, Oregon and the trees were in full color and SO gorgeous! I took home some gingko and maple leaves.

    A rather stupid but very entertaining series I watched last year was Shitt's Creek. Sometimes it had me laughing out loud. I relate to Moira a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trees turning color? Think photosynthesis. Tell me if I'm right.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Changing colors...isn't it the sap inside...ya, photo something or other like Red says.

    I say, there is nothing wrong with reading a novel and taking things slower. You, my dear, deserve a time to relax and enjoy all things that make you happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the fall wardrobe metaphor, and I know what you mean about single episodes. If we know more are coming, we sometimes wait, especially if they are sequential. However, we've just watched Midsomer, one show at a time, because each episode was self-contained.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am also spoiled by binge watching.
    Lovey fall colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful fall colors! Thanks so much for posting the photos. You sound like David. He really is into streaming. Loves TV.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We use the library to check out DVDs of programs we want to see. It's been fun. I'll have to see if the library system has Succession. I have enjoyed A Place to Call Home which takes place in Austrailia.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I checked, and yes, our library has seasons one and two of Succession, but when I read the summary, it didn't appeal. Guess I have enough to watch for now.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.