Monday, July 19, 2021

Summer reminders

Chris and Melanie at Bellingham Bay

I feel so fortunate to live here, where we need our jackets in the middle of summer, when the sun is shining among pretty clouds, and the temperature hovers in the mid-seventies (around 22-23°C). It won't always be like this, but after that awful heat we had at the end of June, this feels like paradise. Plus, it's awfully pretty here.

I just finished watching the news. Now that's a very good way to ruin a perfectly good day, but I'm feeling quite confident that I can count on one thing: it will get better. Maybe not tomorrow, since the resurgence of the pandemic is causing worldwide economic havoc. And the stock market is just the latest bad news, as Germany and Belgium got hit with flash floods and the western US states are burning to the ground. Climate change is here in full force.

I've been around long enough now to react to the difficulties, but I know without a doubt that it will change, and hopefully for the better. Many things are looking up! My ankle is so much better that I might be able to hike this coming Thursday, and the Canadian border will be opening once again in just a few short weeks. And I can sit in my easy chair and watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics, which should be quite different, without any spectators, this coming weekend. And one more thing:

Don't forget to follow the rules

:-)

14 comments:

  1. Well, here's Mr Rosy's opinion on covid. I am usually a very optimistic person but with covid I cannot be optimistic. We seem to be letting the virus get stronger and stronger. Britain is forecast to be up to 100000 new cases per day in mid August! That's scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "the Rules of Life"... and agree... except I might add to the last "Take care of your body, mind,... AND SOUL"! As for Covid, I can only pray that those unvaccinated and those who refuse to wear masks somehow realize that it's such a little thing to do that might save someone's (if not their own) life. True, it may not be 100%, but it's all we've got.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your summer temperatures sound pretty much perfect to me. I like those life rules too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mended ankle sounds very good to me!! Of course the summertime temps in your area sounds pretty good...even Sitka Alaska at 50° sounds good!!! We hit 100 yesterday (without heat index).

    Watching news always puts a sour taste in my mouth these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things always change. I hope for it to be for the better in the long run, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My ankle is healing slowly. It’s still badly bruised but far less painful. I hope you do get to go with the Trailblazers this week. It will give me hope of getting on my bike again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your temperatures sound lovely we will be pushing 90 today! Great rules...I will add another ...Pray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful news about the ankle and possibly joining the Trailblazers again. Know how much that means to you. Yep the news is a real downer these days. One could almost think the wheels are coming off with all the disasters.Hopefully we come out of this stronger.
    Love the Rules of Life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, enjoy the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Test that ankle out before you get way up on a high mountain trail and then can't get back down. Oh, but I guess I should be thinking positively. Hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good rules for life. We'd all do well to remember those!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're still on the downward trend here, which is good. Keep those jabs coming.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.