Monday, September 21, 2020

Saying goodbye

 

Snagged from the Atlantic website

Boy, this was a hard one to process. Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been around and on the Supreme Court for such a long time, and I followed her all the way. A determined and dedicated person, she still succumbed to what will be the fate of all of us one day. I will miss her wisdom and inspiration for a long, long time. As will many of us. Farewell, dear Ruth, and I hope you will rest in peace with your husband Marty. They had an incredible marriage, which you can read about here, if you're interested.

Oh, and one more thing: don't forget to get a flu shot this year, since we are in the middle of a pandemic. My blogging friend Kay wrote a very informative post this morning about the differences in what you might receive from your pharmacy. She just calls it "Flu Shot" but I have already called to see what they offer at mine. After hanging on the phone for a half hour, I gave up. I'll just go there and see what they have available.

:-)

16 comments:

  1. We will be waiting until early October to get out flu shots, as directed by our health provider, Kaiser Permanente. We will get them at our clinic.
    I was somewhat of a late admirer of RBG, not having paid that much attention before. But after becoming more aware of her accomplishments, I realize what a champion for women's rights she was. We have lost a great person, and a huge gap on our Supreme Court.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RBG was a woman for the ages. Rest In Peace dear heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An immense loss. For your country, and for the shining example she set the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her strength and courage always amazed me. She was a super woman and tremendous role model for all women. She fought so hard to stay the course. I do hope she is finally at rest with her dear husband. Rest in peace lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got my flu shot in the drugstore last year but never again. the health department runs large clinics that give flu shots. Everybody gets the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ask for the high dose flu shot. We will be getting ours soon.
    Ah the flack has already begun about a RBG replacement.
    Just my little opinion she and many others spend too much time in the Supreme Court...seems they never retire at a good time but die at a bad time...it will be interesting to follow the nominations:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Usually our doctor calls to tell us to come in for the shot. I just assume that she gives us the most suitable one and leave it at that. But ours aren’t ready yet, even at the local pharmacies. They usually become available in October.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the flu shot reminder. I agree with Far Side ... as important as RBG was, we should really set a retirement age for justices. Maybe 80?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so saddened to hear of her death. What a champion for women's rights.

    My company just this afternoon, sent out a notice that they will be offering drive thru flu shots and will send out the dates shortly. I'm already planning to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband came home last week and told me he'd gotten his flu shot while at the clinic for another issue. I went to the drugstore and got mine yesterday afternoon. The pharmacist told me she was giving me a double dose since I'm over 60.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, we will all miss Ruth. As for the flu shot, I have never had one and I feel fine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A special and iconic woman indeed I did a special post on her as well yesterday country was very very inclusive wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Women wouldn't be where they are today without Ginsburg.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She was an amazing woman. So sad that she's gone.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.