Thursday, August 1, 2019

Three weeks post-injury

This morning's latte
It has now been three weeks exactly since I slipped and fell on that muddy boardwalk, and I'm definitely much better. This morning when I got out of bed and walked across the living room to peek out the front door, I felt little discomfort in my tailbone/sacrum area. I decided to treat the day like it was just another weekday (not a Thursday) and take the bus to the coffee shop, then to the gym. I like the pretty design in my coffee; you can also see my new glasses and iPad to complete the picture.
Our apartment, upper right
Then I took the bus back home and pondered what I would write about today. The Senior Trailblazers are on the Yellow Aster Butte hike, one of my favorites. I went to the search widget on this website and searched for last year's trip, which is linked here. I haven't missed this hike in ten years, but there is always a first time.
A poem
I saw this poem outside the downtown library, written by a three-year-old artist. It's titled "Sky Goes Flying." If you enlarge the picture, you can read it for yourself. It made me consider perhaps it would be fun to put up pictures chronicling my own sky flying, pictures of my skydiving career, but I decided to save it for next week, if I am still unable to hike. It's possible I will be healed enough to attempt it, but it's too soon to tell. That's a whole week away.
Lots of herbs
Last Saturday while walking around the Farmers' Market, I saw this picture and decided to save it for my "photo safari," but I didn't get enough gathered to make it worthwhile. However, this picture sure shows the abundance we have around these parts in locally grown herbs. I wandered around for awhile longer and then came home.

I'm under the care of my acupuncturist, and he is admonishing me to take it slow, walk briskly for no more than 15 minutes at a time, and eventually I'll be my old self. It's interesting how long it took today for me to start having pain with each step as I walked home from the bus. Every day it's a longer distance, but it's still there. One day soon, I'll be able to throw caution to the winds and dance in the green mountains again.
:-)

14 comments:

  1. It’s good you’ve improved so much. Take it easy though, as you’ve been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent news that you are healing albeit slower than you had hoped. Tailbone injuries take their own sweet time in my own experience.
    Those designs on the coffee always intrigues me, a barista who knows his/her job :)
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled that you are well on the way to dancing in the mountains again. Beyond thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wondering about your apartment complex and how you feel so happy there. Of course, you make a life outside of it but still...something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're doing great! Glad you have thqt acupuncturist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your patience pays off and you get back to 100%

    ReplyDelete
  7. Continue to behave yourself and you will be back in your mountains soon. We went to the mountains this week, specifically Mt Rainier National Park and Crystal Mountain. There have been teasers on FaceBook, and there will be posts on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patience is difficult when exercise is an integral part of your life. You are doing so well. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To dance in the green mountains again...those words create a beautiful picture in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you've had a lot of improvement. :)
    Love your apartment flowers and all those herbs. It is so lush there.
    3 years old and writing poetry--goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That you are improving is a great relief for us as it must be for you. If you had done something terrible, you would be getting worse, not better. Listen to the acupuncturist--he has gotten you this far.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You seem to have an active life anyway despite your injury. Love that latte.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.