Saturday, August 3, 2019

Hertz trail walk

Submerged log has a tree growing out of it
The Hertz trail along the southeast shore of Lake Whatcom has long been a favorite place to get around six miles on a very mellow, almost flat terrain. This morning the ladies met there for their walk, and I decided to go, since it's an out-and-back and I could go at my own pace and then turn around when I ran into the others on their return from the end of the trail. I knew it would be foolish for me to go the entire distance at their brisk pace, but it was a perfect way for me to see how I'm coming along.

Cindy, who had a knee replacement several months back, has been struggling to regain her usual pace, so she was happy to walk along with me, going slower than the others. It was a lovely walk, and I was pleased to feel only minor pain. I went out for a half an hour, then rested before returning. Cindy joined me, and although I have a bit more pain than I did upon awakening this morning, I was encouraged by how well I'm coming along. Slow and easy.
A nice view while resting
I'm feeling like maybe I can spend some time in the garden today, doing some much-needed weeding, and picking some veggies to snack on during the day. We've got some warm weather coming up for the next week, so I'm going to be getting any afternoon exercise indoors. Thinking about Thursday already, and pretty sure I won't be ready quite yet. It's coming soon, but maybe not that soon.
:-)

14 comments:

  1. It's amazing how trees can grow out of the strangest of places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the leisurely walk. The photos are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great outing and very wise to take it easy as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very glad that you continue to improve - and also very glad that you are restraining your 'full speed ahead' attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear that things are still improving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just couldn't get myself to walk today. I overdid it on the mountain, and I am literally trying to get my legs back. You are already walking circles around me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're doing very well, but don't push it. Your acupuncturist would agree with me. ;) I hope you were able to gather some produce from your garden. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice that both you and Cindy have someone to share the slower pace. Glad to see you are taking it slow but still moving. I'm sure your bum is grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah you are getting in some walking at your own pace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...what is called baby steps. One day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Slow and steady wins the race! Glad you're almost back in trail form.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear DJan, this is wonderful news. I'm so happy for you. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.