Saturday, August 10, 2019

Almost back to normal

Me on Skyline Divide a few years ago
This morning I joined the ladies on a hilly five-mile walk, one I was thinking I'd skip this week. But then last night I began to wonder if I might actually be well enough to attempt it, figuring I could bail if I needed to, since it is a local trail, with no chance to get lost or left behind. And I did it! I kept up with the middle group, which is all I've ever been able to do. A little sore, but nothing too bad.

So, this means I'll go with the Senior Trailblazers on Thursday to Skyline Divide. I found this picture from a few years back, and I'm hoping that we'll have similar weather, not too hot, not too buggy. It's been a month and I'm tired of missing out on all the fun, so wish me luck!
:-)

16 comments:

  1. Wishing you luck!! Sounds like you'll be fine. But do be very careful to not overdo. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, wonderful news. And of course I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just can't keep a good man down :)
    Wonderful news DJan so happy to know you are up and running once again !
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats ... and good luck on Skyline Divide!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been patient. I hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're doing better and hope you make it to Skyline Divide. Our last hike before we left on Friday was Excelsior Pass, which was one you mentioned as being a favorite. The view of Baker was incredible. We did Chain Lakes the week before and were blown away by the wildflowers. Three new high country hikes for us (Heliotrope also) plus several new Chuckanut hikes. A good month in Bellingham.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! I know it will make you so happy to be out with the group again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news, Jan. It was good you took it easy as you did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, good for you. I hope your hike on Thursday goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU DID IT. Patience and a bunch of needles got you back on the trails. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Do Wish You Luck dear one. And, look forward to going on hikes with you once again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes you did it,l hope all goes well this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you. Hope your weather continues to be good. We are having Goldilocks days here--just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear DJan, I do wish you luck for your Thursday trail walk! I suspect you have become very aware of what your body can and cannot do right now. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.