Saturday, May 13, 2017

Our walk was almost dry

Lilacs bouquets at the Farmers' Market
I almost didn't put this picture on the post because I was afraid the scent would be so overpowering that you'd be able to smell it strongly enough that it might create an unstoppable virus and infect everybody's computers. But then somebody beat me to it. I heard yesterday that 45,000 computers were infected with a ransomware virus worldwide! My virus would have been much more benign, just the lovely smell of lilacs.

This morning the ladies met at Lake Padden, one of our regular venues, with light rain falling when we began, with overcast skies but happy smiling faces, since we knew that we could stop pretty much at any time if it got worse. But instead it got much better, with just a little rain, and even some sun puddles interspersed with the mud puddles. That's the nice part about this time of year: yes, it might be raining, or overcast, but just wait awhile and it'll change.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day here in the US, and everywhere there were bouquets to be purchased, and the Farmers' Market had plenty of items to choose for Mom. I didn't buy one of these, but I did spend some time admiring them.
Pretty heart cookies
One really good part of getting old is that I've probably eaten, at least once, every kind of cookie there is in the world, and if I concentrate really hard, I can taste these without buying them. I call it being able to eat with my eyes. A seriously useful skill that helps to keep my calories down.
:-)

16 comments:

  1. Love the lilacs. Having been infected with Ransomware, my heart goes out to those hit in the latest round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you a happy Mother's day with lots of cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had your imagination ... I have to consume at least one ... er, two .. okay six or seven cookies to appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have enjoyed the Lilac virus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please teach me how to eat cookies with my eyes. I saw your cookie photo and wanted to eat one of those cookies. I love the lilacs. For me, I could enjoy the photo without sneezing, so thanks for not sending the smell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I could smell those Lilacs! Not even one cookie? Youhave willpower to resist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha, I do the same thing. I have got to the point where I can look at a cake without wanting to eat it. As you say, you know what it tastes like and that will do! Over the last few years I have largely lost my taste for sweet things, preferring my dinners over my teas.
    The virus thingy yesterday was awful for our hospitals over here, but I think they're getting on top of it now. Funnily enough I only recently backed up my computer and renewed my virus detector. Must have been sixth sense!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The roses here overpowered the lilacs, but I love lilacs! Your virus would have been a gentler one, for sure. Sorry, I cannot eat cookies with my eyes. It's a skill I wish I possessed!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the smell of Minneapolis right now. Lilacs and crab apples. I also love both the taste and smell of cookies. I suppose that means I'm human after all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I do that too - eating with my eyes - especially in bakery shops!
    On our outing with the grands yesterday we managed to escape being rained on too. What a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you perfect that lilac virus, send it on. That would be lovely. Hum, I will have to try eye eating. Can't imagine it is very filling but hey--worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 'Eating with my eyes'. What a brilliant idea but my lack of will power just won't let that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear DJan, are you offering classes in "eating" with my eyes?????? I could surely use that, especially when the food is a carb! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You say: "I almost didn't put this picture on the post because I was afraid the scent would be so overpowering ..." I say....Oh sure, rub it in!!! You do know just how jealous I am of all of you that have lilacs blooming, don't you? Then....


    You say knowing how all cookies taste without tasting them to save calories...you COULD call that eye cookies! Instead of eye candy. Geez...trying to be a bit of a comedic blogger, I am, and it's not working. Sounded better in my mind that typing it. I tried!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are too funny, DJan. I had two lilac bushes in our backyard in Illinois, but alas... I never did get all that many lilacs enough to smell them.

    That ransonsomeware virus is really spooky. Any virus is spooky, but something that can hold a hospital or country hostage is really frightening.

    I hope you had a Happy Mother's Day. Mine was very quiet.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.