Saturday, July 2, 2016

Saturday again already

Squalicum Harbor
This morning we ladies walked down by Squalicum Harbor and Zuanich Park. Actually, I can't say "ladies" this morning, because we had TWO men join us today. One was Amy's husband Ray (who comes along whenever he's in town) and a guy who didn't know what he was getting into. I suspect he won't be coming back because he was intimidated by all the women. He was sure happy to see Ray show up! Plus he had trouble keeping up (we walk fast).

I am amazed at how quickly the summer is flying by. It's not only Saturday again already, but we are now losing a minute of sunlight per day. Not that I mind all that much, since I go to sleep these days while the sun is still fairly high in the sky. I need my sleep.
My sore ankle
I sprained my ankle on Thursday and boy did it hurt! Walking back down all those rocks didn't feel good on it at all, but it was possible for me to continue on because, well, what else was I going to do? Walking on a flat surface didn't hurt, but lowering myself down a rocky slope was difficult. The good news is that neither of my knees hurt at all.

As soon as I got home last Thursday I bandaged it and put some pain relief cream on it, and the next morning it wasn't any stiffer than the rest of my body, and before long it didn't hurt at all. Apparently I broke some blood vessel in there and it looks a lot worse than it feels. Today on the walk it didn't hurt, so I'm happy.

Tomorrow I have my first Level I yoga class, and I'll be explaining that ankle to my instructor, I suspect. Anyway, life is good, the day is lovely, a summer's day in the Pacific Northwest, and I am ambulatory!
:-)

20 comments:

  1. I am very glad to hear that your ankle doesn't hurt. It looks VERY painful. Look after your important self. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ankle looks sore. I'm glad it recovered so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo! The ankle looks sore. Glad you were still able to walk on such a lovely day. I'll be interested to hear how you like your yoga class. I've never tried it, thinking it would be hard for me to be that still.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that ankle does not look good, but if you can keep going, more power to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popping a blood vessel always makes an injury look worse that it feels. So glad you are still on your feet!
    We walked our 3.25 miles this morning, and then have taken our time getting the house work done. Tom cleaned out the cars too.
    We are slowing down for the holiday weekend, although I have a bunch of cooking to do tomorrow. It's so beautiful outside, but it's hard to get out of my recliner this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yikes! glad it looks worse than it feels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - your ankle looks awful! Glad it doesn't hurt and you could go for your Saturday walk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that harbor pic - but the ankle one, not so much. Glad it looks worse than it is (I think? that's what I mean as it looks like it could really hurt). Both my wrists looked like that when I fell in N.O. last year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blood vessels seem to break easily on seniors. It's good that you had no substantial or serious damage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's one beautiful harbor, and one ugly ankle . . . take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Harbour Photo, looks like a winning photo. Hey Girl, the colour of the toes is nice too. ha,ha Yep, the ankle does look nasty, but good to hear you are ambulatory. I think those olde vessels break easier when we are olde. My bruises tell me so when I am out hiking, walking, riding, eh. Have a wonderful July 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photo of the harbor - and the ankle! Glad it didn't keep you down! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are okay and that it was just a sprain! That is a beautiful photo of the harbor...too bad about the men...maybe they need to form their own group:(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that ankle looks sore! Pretty nail polish, though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yikes, that is one wicked looking ankle. You obviously did all the right things since that you could walk with the ladies and those 2 guys. Lucky for that new guy that at least he wasn't the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Djan... my ankle didn't look that bruised after I broke it !
    Sending healing wishes your way.
    What a beautiful view of the harbor, so serene and peaceful.
    Wishing you and yours a happy and safe July 4th weekend.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been away from blogging so long. Please forgive me. Then, when I come back, what do I see but your foot??? That looks pretty sore. I hope it doesn't continue to bother you. Sometimes those sprains of the ankle are worse than a break. Take care dear one. Enjoy yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OO that does look sore and a bit painful too. I hope it soon mends for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sore ankle. I hope you are better today.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the beautiful harbor image! Makes such a soothing, restful feeling come all over me!!!!

    Had to laugh at the two guys showing up...and couldn't keep up with you ladies. WTG

    Terrible looking sprain. Enjoy the yoga.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.