Saturday, July 30, 2016

Another sunny Saturday

Sparkly visors
Today we ladies met at Boulevard Park on another beautiful Saturday, to enjoy a brisk five-mile walk. It's been very hot, but today it is a bit cooler with a very nice breeze. Afterwards, some of us stayed at the coffee shop so we could visit before heading off into our day.
Today's wonderful view
We took a different route than usual, so we didn't have to trudge up Taylor Hill, but went a more circuitous way until we got to the dreaded 104 Taylor stairs. But then it was all downhill back to the coffee shop. A lovely day indeed.
Lynn with her helpers
My friend John brought over a couple guys who do work for him (that's John on the right) to help move Lynn's heavy stuff from one apartment to another. From ground level to the second floor meant hauling things up a flight of stairs. They just finished and I came in to get this post finished.

I sure do like my neighbors and appreciate all the help we can get from friends. That's one more thing to be thankful for. Maybe I'll start a list that I can savor when I begin to get depressed about the state of the world. Yes!
:-)

18 comments:

  1. awesome helpers! yay john and friends! i like your t-shirt, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to have friendly and helpful neighbors! It seems to be a lost art, or maybe that's because we live in a townhome. Hope it's different for us when we retire to AZ and buy a detached home in a 'regular' neighborhood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great walk.

    I had a gratitude journal at one point in my life when I needed to focus on the good around me. It helped at that time. I don't need to write things down now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your posts express gratitude and wonder. And they are something I am grateful for.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to keep a rigid schedule to keep walking. Walking is the best exercise. There are few injuries and a good workout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some wonderful friends in your circle, and I'm sure they think the world of you..
    The walk sounds like fun, you must be fit as a fiddle :)
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had wonderful, cool fog this morning for our walk, nature's air conditioner.
    You have great friends. that speaks well of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a nice day. I get ill just thinking of moving although if it was just from one apartment to another that wouldn't be so bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That walk looks more like the views I am used to when I trot out for an amble! I enjoyed it with you. How kind of John and mates to help your friend Lynn to move furniture. I'm sure she was extremely grateful. I wonder why she wanted to move upstairs?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Moving--awk! Don't even want to think about that again for a very, very long time--LOL! Nice to have helpers. You have made a lot of great friends there and always have such beautiful scenery to walk and climb through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's nothing better than having such good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a beautiful day. What does your t-shirt say? Can't quite make it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When world affairs drive us nuts, it is refreshing to look around and notice that most everyone we know is really nice and kind. Ahhh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. State of the world....a list of good....sounds like a GREAT idea.

    The walk looks like something I can handle...no altitude change and heart arrhythmia chance. Beautiful scenery too.

    Now...tell, me what does your T shirt say?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where ever you go, you build community. I love that about you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We can't control the state of the world, but we can surely exert choices about the state of our personal worlds. A list of appreciations: I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Considering the state of the world good friends are an anchor to count on...:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your shirt! I'm ready for fall and a healed leg so I can get back to my doings.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.