Thursday, July 27, 2023

Lazy Thursday

Pink lilies still there

Another Thursday without a hike. I didn't want to go with either group that were both heading up into the High Country. It wasn't appealing, thinking of the long drive and the long hike up to Yellow Aster Butte. I did look back at some of my previous trips up to the area, and it reminded me that I am older now and not nearly as excited about the effort needed to see the beautiful views. 

So I went for a walk around my own neighborhood and saw that the pink flowers are still going strong.  And I also took myself to the Zumba class at the Senior Center and enjoyed working up a good sweat before heading home. For those who are interested, John has been working hard to lose some weight and has already lost five pounds by cutting back on how much he eats daily. It makes me realize that he really wants to stick around and be able to keep up his daily activity more than what he can do right now. And he's still not drinking coffee, so that's probably also helping things along. 

Spotted fawns

On the way to the bus, I also saw these three spotted fawns who were following a beautiful doe, who isn't in the picture. The first of these three is a little larger than the other two, and it might be adopted by the mother; who knows what might have happened to cause this? I've seen the two smaller fawns following the mother around for the past few weeks, but not three. In any event, I do worry about these sweet creatures because they really don't seem to know about traffic and don't stay close enough to Mama. They also seem quite prolific, with many baby deer in the vicinity this summer. 

I went to see Barbie yesterday and really enjoyed it. It's certainly not for everybody, but I had a great time and laughed a lot. I was alone, but the theater was about half full for the matinee, with only one man and lots of young women in attendance. John and I will see Oppenheimer together soon, with several showings at our local theater for the next week or so.

Well, that's about it for today. I feel an obligation to write something, since I usually post about my hikes on Thursday, but instead you get to hear my ramblings pretty much about my lazy Thursday.

:-)


9 comments:

  1. Good to hear John is getting along without coffee:) You had a busy day even if you did not hike:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you call a lazy day would be a super busy day in my world--LOL!
    I'm glad John is making progress.
    I would be worried about those deer, too.
    The flowers are lovely.
    Have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled that John is going so well. That is a significant weight loss, and no coffee would send my partner crazy.
    Echoing the other comments it sounds like you had a busy day anyway. I loved seeing the fawns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It didn't sound lazy to me, you always manage to come up with things to do and talk about DJan. I must say, I'm surprised you saw that Barbie movie--my sister wants to see it too, am I missing something here?? Haha :^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That doesn’t sound like a lazy day to me, Jan.

    Glad to hear that John is taking care of himself these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daughter and grand went to see Barbie yesterday, I've yet to hear a report, and grand is away for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice Thursday. A Zumba and walk are great! I just love to look at deer, which you won't see in my neighborhood. So graceful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lazy Thursday sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure what all the hoopla about the Barbie movie is about. Can't imagine it being that good... but curious as to it's appeal. As to Oppenheimer - I know we will see that (although I'm sure it's educational, but I doubt enjoyable).
    So glad John is doing well...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.