Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Another fun day in the sun

Today's Happy Wanderers (taken by Julie)

I joined the Tuesday Senior Trailblazers group again today, called the "Happy Wanderers," and this time we all met in a parking lot near a frequently used hiking trail. Many times I've been on this trail before, which leads to the Big Rock Garden, a place that is pretty, shady, and filled with local and international art. I didn't spend much time taking pictures, so I snagged a few from the video sent around by Julie. The above picture was one of her parting shots, and a few people had already left, but I like seeing all the happy wanderers, mostly women (and one man) who had a great time covering around four miles at a leisurely pace.

Pavilion in the garden

You can see how lovely and serene this garden is in the above picture. I'm sorry I didn't take more shots, but I was enjoying just walking around and chatting with numerous people I hadn't met before. Apparently it's pretty usual for a dozen or more hikers to show up for this Tuesday walk. There is one person who looks a bit like me, and I asked Julie to take a couple shots to see if it's my imagination or not.

DJan and Ina

Well, I guess we are both older women with white hair and big smiles. I loved her t-shirt showing some "squirrel yoga," and although being taller and a bit slimmer than me, I guess we do look somewhat alike.

Now who's taller?

We are standing in front of a beautiful old growth tree, and since we were playing around, I said I wanted to be the tall one for a change, so with the help of a big rock I guess you can see that I was, temporarily, the taller senior. Ina is a very good sport.

A beautiful creature, don't you think?

I didn't actually catch the name of this art, but it seems to fit the mood of the day. If you'd like to know more about this beautiful spot in Bellingham, you can check it out here. It was a wonderful walk, some of it spent horsing around with my new friend Ina. I look forward to more Tuesday walks with this group!

:-)

14 comments:

  1. I love that Pavilion, and the similarity between you and Ina is a treat. It's more than white hair and big smiles, when I saw her shirt I thought you just found a real hippie sister.🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had fun. when I took photos of my birders or skaters, I always asked for silly shot. They always obliged and had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really growing - in friends and length of walks. Good all around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope yall sing Happy Wanderer before and after every hike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great that you were too busy chatting and meeting new people to take pictures! That's a really good sign this is a great group for you--lol! :) You and Ian could be sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do look a bit alike! Always fun to make new friends! Looks like a good group!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've met your doppelgänger!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks and sounds like a lovely day. Hooray for new friends - and lookalikes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That group sounds like a 'keeper'. Great to be making new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have settled into life with the Happy Wanderers for sure! And you enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and Ina certainly do have a similar look about you! You could be sisters or, maybe, cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like a nice hike and not too hard for you. This sounds like a good group.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like an appealing place for a hike.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You both have the most BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS silver hair!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.