Thursday, September 26, 2024

Changing things up

This morning's news

Welcome to my final Thursday post here. I did double check to make sure I'm writing this on the correct blog, since last Tuesday I wrote my regular Tuesday blog on my usual Sunday blog. I might blame it on covid brain fog, but it was the fourth time I actually did it within the past month or so. Usually, I correct it by deleting it from the wrong one and posting it again.

Why I am I bothering, you ask? Well, it was enough to get me to ask that question myself, and take some action and make some hard decisions. This is the last Thursday post I will be writing for some time to come, and I'll just stay with the Tuesday blog for this web page. And whatever else I decide to come up with. And, of course, there is nobody keeping score or paying as much attention as me, so I might change my mind again.

It's even harder to deal with the covid illness now that I'm actually feeling like a normal person (well, almost) for the first time since I contracted it last week. As I said on Tuesday, I think I got it while doing my volunteer work last Thursday in the lunchroom. On Sunday, my "T" line was REALLY dark, and today it's lighter but obviously I am still contagious. Most of the truly awful symptoms are gone, but there is still a little congestion and I've had no interest in exercising. That's not usual for me, but today I was thinking that maybe tomorrow I'll go out for a short-ish walk and see how I fare.

On Monday, earlier this week, I could barely stand up without holding onto something and I felt like it might be preferable to just lie in bed and wait until the Grim Reaper came.  And this was a mild case! For the first time, I felt such strong empathy for anybody who went through the worst of this illness, without any vaccinations, without anybody to help them. Today I feel almost normal, although I still haven't put my hearing aids back in. My whole body, head to toe, was sore to the touch. Now that I have neglected to wear them for several days, I'm going to wait until I can venture out into the world again to put them back in. I did check to make sure they would be fine just hanging out on the charger.

Where I wish I was today

This is pretty much what the Chanterelle lookout would be like today, and I've been there many times over the years. I don't think at this moment I have the strength to climb a thousand feet in less than three miles. I'm not even sure I could walk around the block, but tomorrow I'll know more. I miss being with my walking friends, but hopefully I will be coming back to normal within a short while. And trust me, in October I will gladly get my flu shot to possibly stay healthy. This being sick is for the birds!

:-)

4 comments:

  1. It's a confusing time. The bug really does a number on us. You like a rigid schedule so it bothers you when you're thrown off the schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are feeling better.
    Tom and I got both Covid and Flu shots today. So far my arm is a little sore but that's all. I also had a bunch of lab tests done, and I'm happy to report that so far the reports are that I am "normal".
    I hope you can get out for a walk tomorrow. You will feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you contracted COVID while doing a good deed. I don't know when you got your last COVID immunization. It has me concerned, being back at school, but hoping my April vaccine is still holding strong. We get our flu vaccination at the end of next week, and two weeks later the next COVID vaccine. Will we ever get past the "every 6 months" vaccine? It is troublesome. A friend who has COPD contracted COVID and then fell and broke a rib. I don't know how long it will take her to "bounce back."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no... I'm so sorry you're fighting this now. Art went through it last year coming back from Dubai. I just sent for my free COVID tests on covidtests.gov. I'll be getting my flu/COVID shots next month some time. Please rest and take care of yourself. I'm having a hard time keeping up with my blog too. Even 3 days a week is tricky. I've got friends encouraging me and trying to give me ideas... but it's still difficult sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.