Monday, May 31, 2021

Memorial Day 2021

Zuanich Point Park

 On Saturday, Melanie and I had a really nice walk down by the waterfront. Lots of flowers and lots of boats in the marina. Squalicum Harbor has numerous places to walk, and we covered around five miles before heading back into town.

I'm glad to see that Blogger has fixed its problem downloading images. I guess it lasted for several hours but there were enough people complaining that it got fixed relatively quickly. On Thursday, I did take this lovely picture and am sharing it now.

Honeysuckle

Fortunately for me, I am back in the swing of blogging, and although I contemplated going back and inserting the rest of the pictures in my last post, I figured nobody much cares, and this was the best of the lot. Hummingbirds love this flower.

This Memorial Day, I am remembering those who sacrificed everything to keep our country safe, as well as those dear loved ones I have lost over the years. A few weeks ago I visited the local cemetery, but I'll stay away today since it will probably be very busy.  Instead, I'll go for a solitary walk around the neighborhood, mostly to get my daily steps in, as well as to break in a new pair of boots I bought on sale yesterday. I thought about simply walking to the coffee shop from home (around three miles) to break them in, but then sanity returned. What if they hurt my feet? It's much better to go out nearby and be able to return home sooner if necessary. So that's what I'll do. So far I like them very much!

Keen Terradora II waterproof boot


I hope you will have a relaxing Memorial Day holiday if you celebrate it, and a relaxing day in any event, no matter where in the world you are. 

:-)

18 comments:

  1. A wise way to break in your new boots. The marina is looking good. That must have been a very pleasant walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your new boots continue to be excellent.
    My heart hurts for people the world over who need no special day but are reminded each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some people they can remember and celebrate the losses in war very privately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a peaceful place to walk.
    Have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good day. We just do Remembrance Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smart way to break in boots. That can be a painful experience. Loved seeing the coral honeysuckle. I and my hummers miss mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We went to our town parade, then a church gathering. Hope those boots work out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely need waterproof everything. I know those boots will be well-worn soon. Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those photos are amazing! Love the top one especially. Have fun walking in those boots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a good Memorial Day. We had a quiet one, didn't go anyway but did make some Mexican corn dip and some peanut butter brownies for the boys to snack on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...hope your holiday weekend was peaceful. I love the photo of your nearby marina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful place you live in. I spent the weekend with visitors, sister and nephew visiting. Quiet and satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's June 1 now, as I catch up. I have been battling something that has attacked my digestive system and robbed me of energy so I am happy to just be at home.
    After our Zoom meet up this morning I worked in the yard for a couple of hours, just light work, and now after lunch on the patio I am in my outside rocker in the shade, where I am happy that my laptop is picking up a strong Wifi signal and I can be lazy in the shade.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice looking boots! Keens ...my daughter really likes that brand of shoes:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a solemn day but a reason to be thankful for so many willing to stand up for their countrymen.

    Love that first photo, Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi DJan, I came over from Eye to see if you might have an update here on Hedi. Just wondering what happened to her … so sad. However, I did discover something new to me … your Flickr photos. Wow, what a wonderful way to organize and share your photos. Sure enjoyed looking at your travel photos. By the way, lastly, tonight begins Season 8 of Alone. Here is a link for more info …

    https://www.history.com/shows/alone?ef_id=Cj0KCQjw

    John

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aaah… so it was a blogger problem. I guess I wasn’t working on a post at the time so I didn’t have to worry about it. I’m so glad it got resolved for you. The honeysuckle looks really pretty. We had those bushes in our Illinois backyard. Sigh…

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.