Thursday, June 11, 2020

Drippy but satisfying

Boulevard Park once the rain let up a little
When I went to join Melanie and Dianne for a nice walk along the Interurban trail, the 20% chance of rain seemed to be minimal, certainly do-able. But once we arrived, the rain started and was heavy enough that we didn't really want to head out. So instead, we drove to Boulevard Park and went inside the recently reopened Woods Coffee to wait out what we thought would be a quick shower.
Melanie, Dianne and Joe
Not! It didn't let up for quite awhile, but finally we decided we could brave the rain and headed towards Fairhaven and the Interurban trail from another vantage point. We didn't go far, actually, maybe five miles tops, but we enjoyed being out on the trail and each other's company. I also enjoyed getting to know Joe, Dianne's three-year-old poodle. Quite a different day than any of us expected.
Green and lovely
I'm not sure, but I think this is a constructed salmon ladder that is used by salmon as they swim upstream to spawn. There are several along this stream, and I remember once long ago seeing a picture that had volunteers helping the salmon get up the ladder. Anyway, it was a very nice day in its own way. 

Now that I'm home, warm and dry, it even looks better than it did before, when I was wet and rather chilled. I hope next week will have a bright ray of sunshine or two, rather than the liquid sunshine we had today.
:-)

15 comments:

  1. I've always loved walking in the rain, not so much up a hill, especially nowadays that my ankles are a bit dodgy :)
    Sounds like you enjoyed your hike despite the weather, Joe looks sweet.
    Stay safe !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really windy here today and we walked anyway. It was perfect really. Sometimes you have to just take the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you gals hiking anyway! Joe that is a cute name for a Poodle:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. However, you did get out and enjoy the walk, weather and day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It cleared off here this afternoon and got almost hot. I did my exercising in the garage today but i did sit outside for a little bit before I got ready to go have my MRI.
    I'm glad you got out to get your hiking fix in the great out of doors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are dedicated to walk in the rain like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. None-the-less, outdoors is always good. Beautiful. And first I've ever heard of a salmon ladder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're an intrepid walker. But I guess if you live in the Northwest you gotta love the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Walking in the rain isn't bad with good company and proper gear. You not only got an exercise fix, friends fix but a dog fix also. Sounds like a winner day to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting tidbit about salmon. Glad you enjoyed the walk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It must feel good to be out and about. We are still stuck near our house and may take walks in our area with masks on and staying distant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jan! Glad to see you are still doing well, all things considered! I think I'm finally back to blogging, 9 months later. doh. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see you're still doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You’re so lucky that you have such beautiful places to walk. We’d have to drive pretty far (by Oahu standards) to get to hiking trails.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.