Monday, April 27, 2020

Visiting the tulips virtually

RoozenGaarde tulips this year
This is the first year in more than a decade that I have not visited the tulips in Skagit Valley during April. I found a page on Facebook of pictures taken by (I assume) workers in the fields of the beauty of the RoozenGaarde gardens and acres of tulips. They are, this year, without the numerous visitors that usually visit every single day during the festival held during the month.

There are so many things that have changed since the coronavirus gobbled up the world I knew before. In only six short weeks, just about everything in my life has been altered. There must be silver linings in these clouds, but I don't see them right now. That will probably come when I look back from this place of quarantine and bask in my ability to walk into a coffee shop, buy a cup and sit down and visit with my friends. That will happen, I'm sure. Eventually.

My blogging friend Linda put a link on her latest post, a drone flying over the RoozenGaarde fields, which I truly enjoyed. You might not be able to see this if you aren't on Facebook, but I didn't need to log in to play and enjoy it.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3755446267830026

I was just getting ready to go for a walk, and then the skies opened up and poured. As soon as the sun comes back, I'm still looking forward to a very nice walk. Stay safe, my friends.
:-)

18 comments:

  1. They look wonderful but nothing can ever be as good as seeing it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge thanks to you and Linda for the drones eye view. If only I could create something that beautiful.
    Enjoy your walk - and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the isolation is wearing on the nerves a bit now. We will have some changes next week since we haven't had a new case of the virus for two weeks. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...absolutely beautiful! Hope you were able to get out and walk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After doing house work this morning, I finally got to my PT exercises, and by then I had nothing left for walking or the stationary bike. Today I'll just call mopping and dust mopping and dusting and laundry as my exercise. Will there be silver linings? Probably not, but there will be lessons learned. Maybe wisdom will be gained.
    Tomorrow is a new day. And that's how it is with life in the time of COVID-19. It's going to take a while and it's going to take patience and adapting and caution.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Six weeks?It seems like a lot longer. We are going to have to find alternate ways of doing things like the drone flying over the tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous virtually, through photos, in person, it doesn't matter. I love seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a display! Ottawa has an annual tulip fest, but we don't drive into the city any more if we can help it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If nothing else, we will all have a greater appreciation for those things we took for granted before. Just getting in the car and going when the mood hits.
    I loved the drone view at Linda's. I think you actually got a better view of the complexity of the designs from the air that you might not get from the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was able to see the video and I am not on facebook. So pretty! I love the variegated ones the best.
    There are silver linings you just can't see yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picture of the flowers. Nature at its finest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was a great video! Almost as good as being there!
    Cheer up! Certainly there is a spot somewhere where you can meet John and Gene and Lily and stay six feet apart and have coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful video, DJan. Thanks for sharing. Perhaps we will come out of this with a better appreciation of 'everything'... knowing that at any time, it could be be lost to us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you to you and Linda for sharing the RoozenGaarde video. I remember how gorgeous it was from the ground, but it’s amazing to see it from the air. Art saw mom looking at that photobook a couple of days ago. The memories keep her happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have some tulips out now .... but nothing like that. Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember hearing on the news a few weeks back, how the gardeners in the top gardens in Madrid were cutting the flowers (tulips and others) and taking them to the Covid-19 wards in the hospitals! They said since people could get to the parks and gardens to see the blooms (all parks closed to the public since the quarantine started), they would get the blooms to the people. :o)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.