Saturday, September 28, 2019

Windy and chilly Saturday

Sunrise from my front porch
This sunrise was captured last week as I headed out to the bus. I know I'll have more glorious sunrise pictures like this in the weeks to come. There are lots of days now when the sun will rise at just about the same time as I leave, and our days are quickly growing shorter on the way to the solstice in December, marking the longest night and the shortest day of the year.

This morning was overcast and the wind blew lightly as I headed out to Lake Padden for our walk with the ladies (and one man). The temperature was moderate, but then the wind started, and we quickly bundled up before starting our walk. Occasionally the sun came out, but the skies changed back and forth from overcast to almost full sun, as the clouds scudded across the sky. We got in two times around the lake, just over five miles.

We have a gale warning in place; the north-northeast wind is bringing cold air from the Fraser Valley right into our homes. Windows that were open and inviting the outdoors inside yesterday are all closed, and I've placed my many heavy rocks on the rugs to hold the front porch together until this latest weather event has passed.

Fortunately for me, there's nowhere I need to go for the rest of the day, so I'll stay inside with a good book and enjoy a day to putter around the house aimlessly.
:-)

10 comments:

  1. That is a glorious sunrise. Ours, just gone, was grey. I hope you enjoy your totally deserved quiet(ish) day, and impressed at the early morning walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely see sunrise. Night owl me is always up too late. Beautiful sky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was late afternoon before I got my walk in today. Tom has been productive outside but I have diddled away the day - because I can! It sure has turned cold - 4 this morning after the sun was up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a very nasty piece of weather right now. It's cold...minus 2 windy and a bit snowy. I cancelled my bird watching today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love looking at the skies too. I hope the weather won't be too wild for you. I could use a cool breeze now though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the best kinda days! And your sunrise image is beautiful! Putting on a jacket...hmmmm, what that must feel like...it's been a LONG HOT summer. I'd like a day of wearing a coat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are still having 92 degree weather and have the AC on most of the time. Normally, the temperature would be 85.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been hearing that half your state has been hit by winter storms. Yikes that is early isn't it? Anyway glad you have bunches of heavy socks. Stay warm and snuggle up with a good book.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.