Saturday, November 3, 2018

Another soggy Saturday

Flaming tree and sculpture in Big Rock Garden
Guess what? It's raining again! Rain all day Thursday, all day Saturday, but Friday, the day in between, was sunny and gorgeous (go figure!). Fourteen of us ladies walked this morning, and when we started out, it wasn't raining, although it had been all the night before, and we thought we might luck out, but it started sprinkling lightly about a half hour before we finished our five- or six-mile-long walk. Cindy, our leader, waited for those of us with small bladders to take a quick side trip into the bathroom at Big Rock Garden, and I saw this stunning red tree in front of a sculpture on the way back to join the others.
Lots of yellow trees in the distance
Although many of us had removed our rain jackets as we trudged up the hills, just before this picture was taken we had begun to put them back on, as the light rain coming down just wasn't stopping. But still, it was rather warm and nobody minded the rain too much. It was a good walk.
Trick or treater slug
I saw this adorable photo of the perfect Pacific Northwest costume: a slug with a slime trail. Before I moved here I wouldn't have appreciated it nearly as much as I do these days. Slugs are ubiquitous in my garden, and they do really make long trails like this one. Someone's parents were ingenious!
:-)

16 comments:

  1. We've had our share of damp days lately, including today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a truly original (and clever) costume. How I long for your rain. We have an out of control bushfire some seven kilometres from the suburbs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great costume! Today is truly a day for slugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like us you'll have to get used the the rain. We'll have to get used to snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we have heavy rain now and then. Thank goodness we don't have a drought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol. The slug costume is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How I envy you guys that walking route! I like quiet roads myself (who doesn't?) but in recent years, my walking route has seen some less than pleasant changes - new houses being built, slightly sour neighbours, forest being cleared. Not good. So, I'm happy you have what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That slug was priceless. Probably a parent use to dealing with them in the garden.
    Glad you don't let a little water stop you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! That costume is hysterical!
    Love the flaming red tree. At least you got through most of your walk without rain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That red tree is stunning as is that hilarious costume.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh...that slug costume is great. Really even MORE cute with the child's arm in red!!

    LOVE the flaming bush!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. okay, that costume made me chuckle out loud for real! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. That slug custome is a hoot! The photo in question on my blog is a horse shoe crab. They're definitely pretty darn weird.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.