Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Another Tuesday post

John catching up on some missed sleep
I walked into the coffee shop at my usual time and couldn't find my friend John anywhere. I had walked right past him, as he slumbered away in this chair at the front of the coffee shop. He had a half-full cup of coffee, which was obviously not doing the trick for him.

After I got my own coffee, I went over and touched him gently on the shoulder. His eyes opened and it was obvious from his confused look that he had been FAST asleep. "John, didn't you get enough sleep last night?"

"I went out for my usual dance class, and I didn't get to sleep until 9:00. Late for me."

But since he had apparently gotten about a half-hour of quality sleep in the chair, he was then awake, and we moved over to our usual table and then had a nice chat, until it was time for me to leave. I saw our friend Gene arrive just as I left, meaning he'd continue to have somebody to talk to instead of sleep.

He offered me five bucks if I wouldn't put this picture on my blog. It's worth more than that to me, but he wasn't willing to bargain, so here you go!
:-)

16 comments:

  1. So glad you didn't take that deal! ;-) He looks pretty comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A term some of my friends use fits here...unflattering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he looks very comfortable... I love it when coffee houses and book stores have comfy chairs to sit and relax in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friendship must be solid if you get away with waking him up AND posting this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks so comfortable there! Thanks--that was worth more than five bucks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is priceless. You were smart to refuse the money. We would have paid you to post it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I laughed out loud at your last paragraph. Sorry John but we loved the photo. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great snooze! Glad you resisted the cash and posted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. rofl on his offer! I didn't sleep worth a darn last night...'cause I fell asleep on the couch in the afternoon, & Bud let me sleep. It threw my whole system off. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant! I'm laughing away here!
    Both at the photo, the whole situation, and the idea that going to bed at 9 is late! I'm too Spanish... 9pm is dinner time! Bed is 11pm (although I rarely make it before midnight) :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my... John looks so peaceful. I'm envious since I have such difficulty with sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  12. :0 was he snoring! He should have offered you 10 bucks:)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.