Saturday, December 2, 2017

A Diamond Jubilee

Making a wish with Lily and Hedi
I had a simply wonderful Diamond birthday yesterday. You can see me here making a wish as I celebrated with my friends. I'm wearing the new vest that Lily gave me, and a beautiful red rose from Hedi. We enjoyed a strawberry cake that was filled with everything but calories, according to Lily (I didn't believe her but enjoyed it no matter how many calories).  Notice I am NOT wearing my glass because my new eye allows me to see incredibly well without modifying the old eye. Oh Joy!
John's cranberry and my chocolate and coconut almond ice cream
My friend John took me to Mallard's Ice Cream Shoppe on a rainy and cold day for me to enjoy a double scoop of the best ice cream in the world. By the time I finished it, I vowed never to eat ice cream again for awhile, feeling more than a little full. But it tasted so good while it was going down.

I received other gifts and many best wishes for the day on Facebook, but these will do for now. What a great thing to have such wonderful friends and family for my Diamond Jubilee birthday! And now I'm sharing it with my other dear friends, my virtual community. Here's a picture of me and SG taken last evening.
Two happy septuagenarians
:-)

19 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Delighted the surgery turned out so well that glasses are no longer needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your jubilee celebration sounds wonderful. So glad you memorialized it with pictures and shared the joy with us, your devoted readers. Best wishes for another grand year of adventures, especially now that you can see more clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy. happy birthday! It sounds like the day was as special as you are.

    Great news about your eye, Jan.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you had a good Diamond Jubilee birthday and your vision is doing so good as well! Love the picture of you and SG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending the best of birthday wishes dear friend, I hope your day is filled with much loveliness !!
    Love the picture of you both, perfect partners.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is how to celebrate!! So happy you had such a great day and I am delighted with the fact that you don't need your glasses. Can you imagine how marvelous your vision will be after they do the other one?
    Oh dear, there is a cranberry ice cream? That would lure me over to the dark side.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy, happy birthday my dear friend! I second Lily's assertion that there were no calories - they simply cease to exist on special days for special people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No glasses at all!! yeah for you! Looks like a wonderful celebration with some yummy treats...you are special to many people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you had such a special birthday!
    And that your eyesight is so improved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very Happy Birthday to you! ❤️ So glad to hear the good news re the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad your op has improved your eye. What a wonderful birthday present! Well done you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic birthday!! Friends, loved ones, goodies, and being able to see without glasses--whoohoo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many belated wishes for your birthday. The timing of your eye ops was perfect. The best present of all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday and happy better eyesight! I haven't eaten ice cream in a long time but the look of it makes me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. No day is too cold for ice cream. Happy birthday, and may you walk your way thru many more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful!!! I love the very last photo best today. I'm happy to read that your special day was so very special!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow! I just loved seeing all your photos, DJan. Happy, happy birthday! You look so pretty with or without your glasses, but I’m so glad the surgery went well and your vision is great. Yay! Art is hoping for the same outcome someday. Now I’m wanting to have some ice cream.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.