Friday, August 23, 2024

Under the weather

Rain hat and rain coming down

 I like the idea of the phrase, "under the weather," because it reminds me of all the times, like in the picture above, that I have gone out in the rain, or wind, or even snow, as well as lovely unremarkable trips in good weather. But yesterday, I really was feeling under the weather in the usual meaning of the phrase. 

When I got out of bed, I pondered whether or not I wanted to join the Senior Trailblazers for a trip into the High Country in what looked like rain, or maybe just sprinkles. But once I swung my feet out of bed and onto the carpet, I realized it wouldn't be a good idea. I felt tired and achy, and just the thought of riding (with someone else driving) for that long trip, and then a moderate hike, seemed beyond my current capabilities. Sometimes lately I just don't have much oomph when getting up. I decided to take a bus ride to town and do something easy from the coffee shop.

But even though I did get there, I didn't have much desire to go anywhere. So I took the bus home and worked in a short walk. I thought maybe I'd get some shopping done, but even that didn't sound very appealing. So, I sat in my easy chair and thought I'd write my Thursday post about something, but I couldn't get started. 

So here it is, Friday, and I'm writing a makeup post I didn't write yesterday. I have been relaxing and watching some clips from last night's DNC Convention. Maybe today I'll go shopping, but you know something is amiss when even that sounds tiring!

:-)

9 comments:

  1. Some days are just rest days and you need to listen to your body. Cute photo of you and your rain hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling MUCH better today. Though shopping is always tiring (except for books and plants).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished my weekly grocery shopping and now I'm tired, which is why I have planted myself in my office chair to read a few blogs.
    I have been doing some work in the garden the last few days and so I am not too sad that rain has put that on hold. I wear out fast these days.
    I like your cute photo. Smiles are always welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's that old song, "Mama said there'd be days like this..." Remember that one? But I find there ARE days when it's not easy to get out of bed in the morning... not sure why... maybe it's an age thing? Pushing 80 has its limitations? Luckily though, it doesn't happen a lot. And hopefully that feeling will pass quickly.
    Just watched Michelle Obama and Kamala Harris' speeches... (they both made me smile).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just sounds like one of those days when you need to take things easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes there are down days. Sometime when we recognize that we are able to pick up and go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be kind to yourself and take it easy if you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a day like that Tuesday and ended up sick-sick with a fever all this past week. Not covid though--I checked. :) Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all have days like that. Nothing really appeals. Rest up. Think some good thoughts, and hopefully eat something delicious. I made a raisin pie today that has made me feel a bit jollier.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.