Thursday, December 7, 2023

Super rainy day

Captured by Rita Eberle-Wessner

I wish I had taken this picture, but I didn't. It's from one of my favorite photographers and snagged from her Flickr account. I never fail to be captivated by the pictures she puts on her site, and I might one day try to emulate her gift. But first I need to buy a really expensive camera like she's got (a Canon EOS 5D). I did look it up but I would need to take out a loan to afford it. So, instead, I snag ones like her work, one that she just put up this morning.

I didn't hike today but instead walked to the automotive shop where my little Honda was getting a checkup and oil change. I also went to the Senior Center to attend the Zumba class, since the yoga class was full and I couldn't get in. But, just by chance, as I was explaining my situation to the staff, someone called and canceled her slot in yoga, so I grabbed it right up! I was very happy to switch, and I sure feel better after having attended. Plus, I was able to use the gym machines that I've been trained on so far: the abdominal crunch, the simulated rowing thingy, and the low back extender. I really like all three of these and look forward to being able to use more weights, as soon as I work up to it. I feel really happy that I have such a good Senior Center!

We have been experiencing a true atmospheric river, with many inches of rain having fallen here in the last couple of days, with more to come. Some rivers around here have overflowed their banks, but for us in Bellingham, it's just the massive puddles in the streets that one must navigate. And the rain has raised our temperature so much that I saw we are 17 degrees above normal. It makes the rain a little easier to deal with, although all this rain and warmth has melted our High Country snow. But it will return, probably in time for us to get into the Christmas spirit.

Christmas stars

With that, I'm heading off to rummage in my cupboards to find a little Christmas cheer to finish my day. Hope you're having a good (and not too busy) holiday season.

:-)

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful pic, DJan. I did go to her site to see more. And I'm glad you were able to get in your yoga class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You spend much time on fitness and benefit from the activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I heard about the excess rain and possible flooding out there. I'm glad it isn't that bad your way. Gorgeous photo of the sunlight coming through the trees! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. T'is a fine photo, indeed. She knew to hide the main sun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi DJan, Thanks for another interesting DJan-ity post. Just my take on things … re your first image … you can get photos like Rita’s with a much more economical camera than the Canon EOS 5D. The key is learning how to use the camera to get the kind of exposures Rita gets. John

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have had snow compared to your rain. It is staying around too. Ugh…I am not acclimated yet. That photo by Rita is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a super rainy week but now the sun is out and all the trees are shooting up new branches of leaves. I love it when it rains here - especially when the sun is out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I would like a 5D also, but it is not happening, I do like the camera I have a Canon EOS Rebel T4i it has served me well! It was affordable:) Good to hear you got rain, maybe we will get some soon...we might get an inch of snow tonight...but an inch is not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rita's photo is truly amazing. I only take photos with my iPhone these days. I haven't used my Canon in several years.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.