Thursday, December 14, 2023

Senior Christmas party

Three pretty sweaters

The three Senior Trailblazers groups had our Christmas party this morning, and I saw these three gorgeous ladies sporting their Christmas cheer for us all to enjoy. There were so many of us for this potluck, and we had an enormous amount of food that we managed to consume. Potlucks always make me eat more than I intend, but today I think I managed to walk out of the room without feeling stuffed. Partly that was because I wore a mask the entire time I was there. I woke up yesterday morning realizing I had a cold, with a runny nose and scratchy throat.

I gave myself a covid test, with my guy's invaluable help. It was negative, but I found out today that I should wait a few days and take it again, as it's possible the virus has not begun to shed. I was so pleased to see no positive results, and I do hope it will be the same tomorrow. Until I am sure it's just a cold, I'll continue to wear a mask in public spaces.

We did make a nice outing before the potluck, with ten of us walking on sidewalks and trails until we got to Squalicum Beach, a few miles away. In total we probably only walked a little more than four miles, but since it was lightly raining, and a feast awaited us at the Canterbury Court Apartments (where one of our members lives), nobody cared to make it a long one.

There were many more of us than this

I'm sorry that I neglected to get any pictures of the enormous spread. I was too busy socializing, and then eating and drinking, to notice it. I was surprised when I came home and looked at what I had taken: nothing of our walk, and no food pictures. I stand accused of having too good of a time to worry about such things.

Anyway, I sure did enjoy myself, and I look forward to many more hikes with these wonderful Senior Trailblazers! I am very lucky to have found these fellow travelers to share the wilderness with.  Life is good.

:-)

15 comments:

  1. Just home from a neighbourhood potluck ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good gathering! Hope your cold is just the common cold:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were having much too much fun to stop to take pictures. I totally get it. I even forgot to do a Yelp check-in when we went to lunch on Monday. So much to talk about and to hear about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is truly good when you are having too much fun to take pictures. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. These get togethers for groups to celebrate are most supportive. We had our birding coffee and goodies last Sat. We had fun and made plans for the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you enjoyed it - and hope you remain covid free. Love those sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds wonderful! You are fortunate for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like fun and good to see so many of our age group still enjoying hiking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, too bad no food pics. But, I love the tables and all the people having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We also had a get together with friends yesterday... a wonderful brunch and cookie exchange. Our friend's hubby is Italian and makes the best Italian seed and fig cookies. So glad you had a good time at your holiday get together. And hope it's just a cold and not Covid . But I think your wearing a mask is smart... even if it's just a cold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun times and precious memories made with good friends. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't take photos of our visit and lunch with my sister in Thursday either. Sometime you just want to relax and enjoy. Glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of the perks of the holidays - getting together with parties!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a big group and a fun time.
    I hope it is just a cold.
    Having too much fun to take pictures is a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! Having such a good time that you forgot to take photos is the BEST reason for not having photos to post. What a wonderful social group you belong to!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.