Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Travels around my community

A very pretty front yard

When John drops me off at the Cornwall Rose Garden after coffee, so I can walk my more than two-mile usual excursion home, I walk by some lovely places. This one often catches my eye, thinking how nice it would be to sit in one of those chairs and look out at the lupines or some of the rhodies in the yard, just beautiful at this time of the year. Those lupines seemed to emerge from nothing to this overnight. But it was probably longer; I just noticed them all at once.

From this spot, I turn onto a side street that takes me to a walking path that leads into Cornwall Park itself, and I then have a lovely journey past the pickleball courts (that are now being well used, with lots of laughter) and the distinctive sound of the balls being volleyed back and forth. 

And then after walking through areas with some lovely old growth trees, pines and cedars mostly, I must make my way out of the park and across a busy street, before again finding a lovely neighborhood to walk through on my way home. Many of the homes in this area are large and well established, and they almost all have extensive flower gardens for me to admire. 

Lately I have been seeing lots of bunnies hopping across the trails, not very big so I wonder if they are just out on their own for the first time. I hear roosters crowing and hooty-owls almost every day, along with the ubiquitous birds. It reminds me that a friend suggested I download one of those apps on my phone that would allow me to identify the plentiful birdsong I hear, too. But I'm not very motivated; I am simply enjoying my walks so very much. I'm feeling pretty grateful right now.

:-)

14 comments:

  1. Your walks look and sound glorious. I suspect it would take me a very long time to complete them as I stopped to ooh and ahh along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a rabbit once or twice since spring started here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely walk. I'd love to see any pictures you might take along the route. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, get a bird app. I don't have one but my birding friends do. It's surprising how many more birds you discover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand you so well... just start walking and enjoy nature... now it's awesome.
    I often let my husband drop me off and then walk alone through the forest... the relaxation.
    Good luck to you.
    You took a wonderful photo. Thank you.
    Hug of Viola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our lupins are about a month away!

    The sights and sounds of nature fill the spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have tried to identify bird songs on my phone, but found it frustrating. I wanted to know what the Bewick's Wren song was but discovered they have at least six different sounds. Just enjoy your wonderful walk and enjoy the bird music.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear DJan, it's so true that nature--in all its plentitude and beauty--can bring us, figuratively, to our kneels in gratitude. Peace from Dee and the cats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your very last sentence left me smiling. When I think about Eye on the Edge and DJan-ity your gratefulness often shines through. Thank you for all your positive and encouraging posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does sound like a really lovely walk DJan, I like that you take little for granted. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really nice front lawn in pic. And must be fun to see the bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kay of Musings: Wow! Those lupines are really tall AND beautiful! What a lovely spring walk.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.