Tuesday, May 2, 2023

May daze

Pink blossoms

 Well, it's just about the most perfect time of the year, if you ask me. Everywhere I look there are newly blooming flowers, and those bright yellow dandelions are already, in some places, going to seed. It sure doesn't take long, once springtime hits, for everything to move from winter's dull colors to beauties like this! I'm not sure what these are, but they bring to mind weddings and other celebrations.

Sunday Afternoons hat

I sure wish we could keep May around longer than a month, since by the end of this period, we'll be starting into the warm, long days that mark summer. Not my favorite time of the year, but the good part is that we don't stay static as we move through the days. Each season has its upsides. Plus, I'll get to wear my new sun hat, which is perfect for what I need. I especially like that it's very lightweight and covers not only my neck, but it also keeps the wind out of my ears, which I've discovered is a great feature, now that my bionic ears apparently need some protection, too.

You might find this funny, I kind of do myself, but the other day I got annoyed with all the birds vying for my attention with all those songs I can now hear so well! The good part is that if I want to, I can simply take these hearing aids out, or turn them down, and the world goes much quieter, just like that. There are definitely some upsides to having these guys. When I take them out at night and wipe them gently with a soft cloth, I feel really grateful for their presence in my life. Most times, anyway. Life is good!

:-)

17 comments:

  1. Seeing all the beauty and different colored flowers now in bloom makes my heart happy.
    I should get hearing aids, I say "what" way too often :)
    ~Jo



    ReplyDelete
  2. Our May arrived cold and rainy. But in a few days the sun will come out and the air will warm up. We too will have the perfect time of year. . . and I will forgive the weather gods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, May is the best month, but it still feels like March here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a positive post. Happy for you that the hearing aids have worked out so well. I learned a lot following your experience. And, I like your new hat. Please post some selfies! ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous blossoms! Funny--Leah and the boys were just here and Leah thinks I should have my planter boxes one last summer...so we decided that they will plants them and then come July or August I will sell them in full bloom. They should sell themselves! LOL! I'm excited to have flowers again after all this summer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was certainly funny about the birds, I'm glad your hearing aids are working out so well DJan; and I also like your new hat! We are currently dazed & confused (and very cold) here in Pa, with clouds, rain and temps around 40 for several days now. I guess we'll be going from winter straight to summer this year. So keep on showing us spring :^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are better off with hearing aids but there are limitations. Directions sound comes from is a problem. At first I thought there were many birds that I had missed before but if you turn around you can't find as many birds as you hear. Am I making sense?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that you are able to hear much better with your hearing aids! Our spring has been very unpredictable here. Currently having some cool, windy days. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do find it funny that you said "Too many birds." I guess there can be too much of a good thing.
    Your pretty pink blossoms are Kwanzan Cherry, the last of the flowering cherries to bloom here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am thrilled that you have adapted to your hearing aids so well - and smiling at the noisy birds. Being able to turn the noise down (and not just birds) would be a huge advantage some days. I love your floral photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol. The birds can be loud alright! I love how you can turn them off, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pink flowers are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it that you can now hear really well, even the birds, DJan. It's just pigeon cooing that irritate me. :-) Art can't do without his hearing aids.

    ReplyDelete
  14. DJan, I had to laugh when you mentioned taking out your hearing aids at night and being thankful for them... as recently I got a removable dental partial and thought, 'one more thing to take out at night! (glasses, dental partial, and eventually hearing aids)... age seems to leave your body parts on the nightstand. ha! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the quiet form removing my hearing aids. Except for the very noisy tinnitus, of course. ๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.